«29 - Hostages»

*(Y/n)'s POV*
*Nagoya City Hall*

Crowley sits at the desk, humming a tune while reading a newspaper.

I hang with my arms and legs tied up, my leg tied to hooks on the ground and my arms tied to hooks on the ceiling.

Although I'm not in the room, I can hear everything and I hate it. One of the vampires have been sucking the blood of one of the hostages for several minutes... I wouldn't be surprised if they were dead...

"Aah. Yum! This human's blood is just sooo tasty, Lord Crowley!" I hear from the room.

"Chess, dear. You just killed the poor thing." The other vampire says.

My heart breaks in two from those words. It's almost as if saying 'Im the one who killed him because I'm weak.'

But anger overtakes as 'Chess' only replies in a cheerful, carefree manner, knowing she killed a human life only to fulfil her thirst.

"You're so careful. Our apologies, Lord Crowley. Does it bother you that one of the hostages was killed?" The mature-sounding one says.

I await the reply to see how cruel one can be.

"Hm? It's okay. One or two doesn't matter. It's not like a human life is worth much. After all, we've got others." Crowley laughs off the importance and significance of a single life, the pain it takes to bring them into a world such as this, the hardships of cultivating that life to go onto greatness... the joy of seeing that life wear a bright smile each day.

I try to break free to knock the living lights out of those vampire bastards, shaking the chains and ceiling.

"Oh? Seems like we've angered our most important hostage."
"Angered a hostage? No...you've angered a God!" I scream, still trying to break free.

"A God? Don't get so ahead of yourself. We still beat you. There's nothing Godly about that." Crowley converses through the walls.

"I may have lost, but it was to keep them alive for as long as possible. How many have you killed? That's right! One and it's while I'm tied up away from you. A God should care about their people... not that any actually care for us." I go on.

(A/n: None of these religious views are meant to disrespect or discourage any religions! This is purely to show another aspect of thinking and the way that (Y/n) may be thinking in the current moment when all she can see is those around her being hurt, killed and disregarded.)

"Lord Crowley, why are you wasting your time with that vampire-human? We should just torture the information out of her already!" Vampire one whines, making me kiss my teeth.

"I'm curious, Lord Crowley... what you think on another matter." Horn changes the subject, "The humans have finally done it... they've attacked a vampire stronghold like Nagoya."

"What? You mean the Japanese Imperial Demon Army?" Crowley enquires.

I hear footsteps before hearing a clank. Likely Crowley take the cursed gear from... the dead soldier.