«26 - No Longer Human»

"Hey, guys! Let's watch and see how good these rookies really are." Mr. Trident laughs, as others tune in to witness the punishment.

Guren and Yu clash swords, several times, amazing the spectators as they comment various things.

"Whoa... the rookie is holding his own against the Lt. Colonel."
"Who the heck is that kid?"

As Guren and Yu cross, they converse to no surprise.

"Oho! You've improved." Guren laughs.
"You bet I have! This time, I'm gonna win!!" Yu chuckles, dodging a close hit.

Unable to dodge the next hit, I step in, leaving the Colonel to Shinoa and Blondie.

I raise my Katanas, but Guren sticks a paper to one of them.
"...Huh? Wait, what is this?!" I ask, trying to pry it off.

"It's an explosion ward! I'll disenchant it!" Shinoa says, briefly however, before she can hurry over to help, Colonel Jujo intercepts.

"I think not." A single step from her causes Shinoa to jump back to avoid backlash.

"Good. Yu, stand down or I blow (N/n) up." Guren threatens.

"Fi-"
"Then blow me up! You can't and you won't, Guren." I smirk, charging at him.

"I thought you'd do this. Of course I can't." Guren leans to the side to reveal Shinya waiting with his gun ready to fire.

"Well, shit..." I scoff.
"I'm going to lay down a barrage. Think you can dodge every bullet?" Shinya inquires before shooting the first three 'bullets'.

I throw my Katanas at it, dispelling them, and leave Guren to Yuu.

I get into close take of Shinya and kick him, sending him at a decent distance into a bush.

The spectators stare, amazed at our skill,
"There no way they're rookies, right?"
"How is that girl that good?"
"She's seriously holding her own against a Hiragi!"

Turning around, I see Guren knock Yu out of the way and enter Shinoa's circle.

"Look. I've breached your line. It's over. All your friends are dead." Guren says, leaning to attack the others.

"Yikes! Lt. Colonel!!" Blondie yelps, before being incapacitated from behind by Guren.

I race over to cover Yoichi, since he has a long-range skill.

"Why... You!!" Shinoa rushes past Colonel Jujo to my surprise, and sends herself to a Gurenified death.

"Bad decision, Shinoa. The leader should never square off against an opponent they can't beat." Guren sighs.

Shinoa loses Shi, freezing, but Yoichi and Saltymizuki sneak up behind Guren. I come in from the front, leaving nowhere to escape.

"As for you two... you're way too slow."

I slash my Katanas against Guren, letting him catch them.

"Is this some kind of ploy because it's pretty stupi-"

I let go of my katanas and kick him, forcing Guren to drop his and my own weapons to hold me in place.

"Huh? A self-sacrifice, So these two can beat me? Horrible idea." Guren examines.

"As long as it works." I glare.

Youchi fires his arrows, and Saltymizuki brings his swords down.