«22 - Krul's Sin»

8 Years Ago, Christmas
Third Person/Hyakuya Orphanage

A car comes to a halt in front of the infamous Hyakuya Orphanage where those with nowhere to go can find a new family even before finding adoptive parents. A true paradise for orphans... or so, that is shown.

"Hey!! Lemme go, you old fart!!" A black-haired kid yells after being taken out of the vehicle.

"You don't have to tell me twice." A slim, tall man replies, still releasing the young boy from his tight grasp on his scarf.

"After all, you've arrived at your new home." He finishes, holding the kid off the ground as he struggles and looks up in anger.

"I don't have a home!" He yells out.
"True. Your old home did go up in flames. Not to mention you are now so hated, even your own parents tried to kill you." The man cruelly replies with no remorse.

The kid glares, having been silenced by the sentence.

"But it's all okay now. In this Orphanage, you'll find friends who're just as unwanted as you are. You'll have a big, new family."

Finally breaking free, the child crosses his arms and wraps himself in his warmth as the snow falls on his warm clothing.

"Hmph! I don't need any stupid 'family'."
"Needed or not, this will be your new home. It's the only place you can live in. Welcome... to the Hyakuya Orphanage... Yuuichiro Amane."

Present/Sanguinem

Children run around, playing with each underneath Kyoto, in the underground Vampire Capital.

Meanwhile, a thirsty, blood-craving vampire hides in the shadows, watching.

"Blood..." He breathes out, unable to think of anything else.

Before he can lose control, a hand sneaks onto his shoulder, bringing his attention to the high-ranked vampire.

"You're thirsty, aren't you? Why don't you quench your thirst for once?" Ferid begins with an evil smile, hiding bad intentions.

Although, Mika stays silent, fighting his instinctive urges.

"Because you have yet to drink human blood... your body still ages. Yet, you are still the age that I find most beautiful... just barely anyways." Ferid continues, watching the younger 'livestock' with an eagle eye.

A boy with light hair runs past the violet vampire at an unfortunate time, as Ferid yanks him away from his friends, and holds him in front of Mika, watching the two struggle.

Ferid digs a sharp claw into the boy's neck, letting blood drip.

"How about drinking human blood... and halting your growth at its best spot? You'll feel much better."

"Urk! Ngh..." Mika mutters, watching the fresh, oozing, red blood slowly lean down the boy's neck.

Mika, in turn, refuses the dying urge to give into the vampire side of his life. He grabs Ferid's wrist, making Ferid drop the boy into the ground.

"Let the boy go. Drinking directly from a human is against vampire law." Mika says.

"Aha! Aren't we the serious one. Oh, well."

The boy glares at the two vampires, running away while carrying the disgust of being ruled over by them.

Mika watches the kid, reminded of his siblings, (Y/n) and Yuuichiro, who looked at vampires the same way as the poor victim.