«19 - Possession and Manifestation»

A/n: So, I just realised that I missed a chapter and I am so sorry! It was my last day of school, so I guess I was distracted. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Hey, Yoichi! How's it looking? You see any monsters?" Yuu asks as we stand in the desolate city.

The dull sky looms over the six of us as Yoichi stands on a rusty lamp post. The city, drained of its beauty and colour, hides the Horsemen of John as they walk freely on the land.

"Um... Gimme just a second..." Yoichi says, responding to Yuu's question.

"Hey, (N/n). Can you hear anything?" Yuu asks me, for extra caution.

Kneeling on the cracked ground, I listen to the footsteps of monsters within a 1/2 mile radius.

"Hm... There's a Horsemen on the ground straight ahead. I can't tell if there are any on buildings or not moving. Yoichi, you see anything?" I report.

"Yeah, two Horsemen on the buildings and one on the ground." Yoichi says, looking through a magnifier with his bow.

"Hear that? Should we go kill 'em?"
"Dumb idea, Yuu. Fighting only makes noise and attracts more, so it'll be an endless battle with the Horsemen." I sigh.

"I agree. I say we start the cursed gear training right here. Shinoa?" Mitsuba says, looking as Shinoa.

"Hmm... But this training can cause collateral damage. I'd like to get further away from the city."

"Ah! Uh oh."
"Yoichi? Did they spot you?" I ask.

"One of the Horsemen... Oops! Now all of the Horsemen have noticed us. They're coming to attack." Yoichi says.

"Ooh!! We get to fight them after all? Great! Let's do this..." Yuu cheers, however...

"Um, actually... If you don't mind, let me take them out." Yoichi volunteers.

Yoichi doesn't usually ask to fight. He's got something up his sleeve.

"Somebody sounds confident. Can you take them all out by yourself?" I ask, making my way closer to the pole.

"Yeah, I think so. At this distance, at least."

I want to be able to get a close look at what Yoichi wants to try.

He takes a deep breath and with cold eyes,
"Shoot down my enemies, Gekkouin. Let's protect everyone."

Yoichi releases several highly-damaging arrows at the Horsemen.

"Oh?" Mitsuba looks surprised while Shinoa is impressed.

"Amazing. He manifested his demon without being taught a thing."

'So this is... manifestation?'
'Damn right it is. You can do it too. Remember those walls and barriers of smoke? That's one way to manifest me.' Hikari explains.

'Wait, really? So I was able to do manifestations from the very start?! And you didn't think to tell me?'

'I didn't feel like it. Plus, I'm a bit more powerful, so with enough training... I could possess you.'

'So you harbour both abilities of possession and manifestation? Nice, you're overpowered.'

'Flattered, but you can't let those other people know, you know. That Lieutenant might experiment on the both of us...'