«18 - Family»

Tokyo,Shinkuku - Japanese Imperial Demon Army's Second Capital

Walking up the isolated staircase, I ascend onto the balcony as it lays lonely, watching the sky and Sun.

Yuu told me Guren said to meet him at 9am, so why was I told to be here at 8am... Will he explain everything...? That document only told me information I already know.

I wait for the bastard in question to show himself as a soft breeze brushes past my (h/c) hair.

Gazing into the rural cityscape, I hear footsteps.

"Guren. Tell me why I'm here." I call out, not bothering to move my sight.

"Ah, guess you can hear me from really, really far. So what're you lookin' at? Is Yuu there or something?" Guren's teases.

"Haha. Tell me why I'm here, Guren." I glare at him, finally facing his tall stature.

"What did that bastard Hiragi want from you?"
"He asked me a few things. Even told me... a bit of interesting information..."

"Woah, scary." Guren says, looking at my hardened face that glares at him.

"Hmph. Tell me... Who was the white-haired boy with blue eyes? Lie and I will personally throw you off this roof."

"Hah. You finally found out, huh? Well, why don't you beg? I respond very well to kindness." He smirks.

I shove him forward and watch Guren fall off the building with no concern. Typical.

"Oh no. Help me. I'm falling." He calls in a monotone voice.

In response, against my will, I jump down and catch him by the arm, hearing a nice crack.

I boost myself off the ground, having finally reached it, and throw Guren back up, where he lands on his feet swiftly.

I jump back up and land next to him.
"Tell me now. I'm losing my patience, idiot Guren."

"Yeah, I was planning on it. The white-haired brat said his name was... Wasureta."

"Wasu... reta...? Weird name, but... thank god. Thank god, haha!" I smile with a tear slipping down my cheek.

As if a weight has been lifted from my shoulder, I relax a bit more.

"Hm? Did you think it was someone you knew? Well, sorry to disappoint. Well, more like be glad. Kid died of disease the next day."

"Hah... So what experiment was done on him, do you know?" I ask, listening intently.

In the documentation for 'Wasureta', there was only his physical appearance, age, which was 11 at the time, and statements.

"No, he was... like a normal kid. Told me if he hadn't drank a vile of blood, he would have to eat humans... Weird kid, he was... He only told me while refusing to socialise with others. Now tell me... What blood was he talking about?"

I stay still with no reaction,
"So you don't know? I guess I'll keep this information to myself then. I don't know how trust worthy you really are." I smirk, watching Guren stay calm on the outside as well.