«28 - The Thirteenth Progenitor»

*(Y/n)'s POV*
*Nagoya City Hall*

"Lt. Colonel Guren assigned me as acting Commander in order to execute three progenitors inside the City Hall. We'll form a strategy and follow Guren's plan to complete this mission." I announce as 32 soldiers stand before me.

"Why would Lt. Colonel assign one of the newbies as a Commander?"
"Who knows? Maybe he's finally gone mad."
"Shh! Don't say that so loud!"

They mutter and scoff at my role as I stand and listen, thinking of a way to earn their respect and achieve the mission status.

"...We have a limited time, so I'll say this! I don't know why I was assigned this role, but it means that the Lt. Colonel has confidence in me and the rest of you to support each other and follow his lead, no matter how crazy. I could quite easily step down and leave it to the most competent person here... but I won't because I have faith in Guren! I'll be the first one entering the battle, and the last one leaving it! If anything goes wrong, fight! Fight to see another day!" I speak, letting them hear me, and letting the vampires know we won't bend to their will.

They cheer and applaud me, singing praises and readying themselves for the fight ahead.

Perfect. They are spirited and have trust in my words. Using Guren's name puts confidence in his soldiers, putting confidence in me. And as a bonus, these cheers are going to affect the mental strength of the vampires. We'll have a small advantage in planning and strategic planning.

"What's the plan, Commander Gracefield?" One soldier asks.
"Simple, we..."

«•»

"...Alright? If you all understand, let's go in there... and fight for another day!!"
"Yes, Commander!" They salute in unison.

The faith these soldiers have in Guren is significant. He worked hard to gain it... but what for?

They take their pills and we proceed.

We split into teams, accordingly - Commander Unit, Attack Team W, Attack Team F and several Backup Teams.

My unit, the Commander Unit, nears the side wall, ready to burst in through the wall on the third floor, while the two other units get into their position. The Backup Units wait patiently for their signal in case of any mishaps.

"Commander, on your signal. The rest of the units are in position." One of my teammates informs.

"Thank you, give them the signal."

I burst through the wall, having jumped up three stories.

The other squads are alerted and begin going through their own entrances without a sound.

The vampires will know that we're here immediately. Anyone who steps into the building will be detected. That's why my plan will make sure we use that against them.

We head further into the building, coming from an office room.

I signal for the backup teams to slowly come in to confuse the vampires.

With huge numbers inside, they can't tell who is who, and if I were the vampires, my goal would be to gather information which is usually with the Commander or a higher figure. That would be either Guren or myself in this case.