«25 - Punishment»

A/n: I'm running out of fanarts, so suggest any Seraph of the End videos from YouTube I can put in future chapters~

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

I'm bored. When is Guren gonna 'punish' my lateness? There is no way he'll actually do it though, right? It was just to impress... unless he wants to teach me some lessons on insubordination to look cooler on the mission. That bastard Guren!

"(N/n)! Why'd you take the blame? I would've been fine if you'd let me take it." Yuu confronts.

"What's Guren going to do? Scold me? There's nothing he can do that I haven't seen before." I say.

"(N/n)-"
"Hey, Yuuichiro! (Y/n)! What're you guys talking about?" Yoichi asks, realising that we're standing on top of a wall.

"The place is pretty and green. Kind of hard to believe we're in a vampire apocalypse." Yuu improvises.

"Really? Wow. I never pegged you as a nature lover." Yoichi laughs.

"They do say smoke and morons like high places." Saltymizuki steps in with unusual puns.

"You picking a fight, pretty boy?" I T-Poss to assert dominance.

"I can't tell if you're the moron or the smoke." He sighs.
"As if! Shaddup!" Yuu pouts.

Yuu jumps down with me following in pursuit.
"Anyways, where're Shinoa and Mitsuba? Aren't we supposed to go over our mission orders?" Yuu asks as I remember they had to use the restroom.

Before I can answer, I hear footsteps approaching.

"Hi there, guys! You're the kids with Shinoa Hiragi, right?" A man, looking like he's in his twenties, asks.

I look at his appearance and notice a cursed gear in the form of... a trident.

"Who are you and what's with the trident, Poseidon?" I snicker.

"Poseidon? I guess I should've introduced myself first... I'm Sergeant Makoto Narumi. My squad has been assigned to team up with yours on this mission to exterminate vampire Nobles. It's good to meet you." He greets, holding out a hand.

"Hm, nice to meet you." I smile, reaching my hand to shake his.

He clasps my hand tightly, trying to create some form of pain, but it, of course, doesn't work.

I grab his hand tighter, causing him to grit his teeth and pull his hand away.

"So you're the bratty kid who broke regulations and showed up late to her first meeting, right? I'll be honest with you. I'm not sure I trust you to have my back." He says, daringly.

"Oh? I don't care if you don't trust me. I prefer to help in the background." I reply, glaring at the guy.

"Wait, what the hell! You just called (N/n) a kid!! How old are you anyway?!" Yuu confronts, starting another fight.

"Nineteen. And you?" He says.

He's going to say it, isn't he...

"I'm twenty!!" Yuu says, loud and clear.

You idiot. Absolute nitwit, you are, Yuu.