CHAPTER NINETEEN✔️

dedicated to cohans because her twd stories are actually amazing

NINETEEN | FAMILY SCANDAL

Arabella got a phone call from Elena. She was freaking out because her uncle/dad was in Mystic Falls. Arabella said she would come over the next day, which is exactly what she did.

Arabella barged in the Gilbert house and shouted, "Elena!" to be directed into the kitchen. Arabella walked into the kitchen and smiled at Elena, but then looked at the man in the room.

"Who's he?" she asked, sizing up the human.

"John Gilbert," he answered, looking at Bella. "You're a vampire."

"And you're a human," Arabella stated with a raised eyebrow. "And your point it?"

"Elena shouldn't be hanging with vampires," John declared.

Arabella snorted. "Like you're going to stop her." Elena smiled in victory, she knew Arabella would stand up for her.

"So John, what are you doing here?" Arabella asked, getting a cup of coffee and glancing at the man before her. "And uh, answer truthfully please."

"Elena, you want some coffee?" John asked, avoiding the subject.

"We're not doing that. We did that last night, no more avoiding. Why are you here?" Elena demanded.

"I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment," John remarked.

"Speak freely, darling. No one's listening," Arabella stated.

"I'll tell Elena more when I'm convinced I can trust her," John said.

"Your lack of faith in me is rather hurtful. I thought we were more than this," said Arabella.

Jenna came rushing in. "Oh god, I'm late!"

"That what you get for hitting the snooze three times." Alaric chuckled.

Jenna froze, staring up at John in disbelief. "What the hell?"

"Good morning to you Jenna, Alaric," John greeted.

"It's okay I'm confused right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna glared at the man in front of her. Arabella noted John wasn't well liked.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in," John said casually as if he didn't notice the direct hate he was getting towards him.

"You know, I'm probably just gonna take off," Alaric muttered, shooting a warning look towards Arabella and Elena. Alaric left, and Jenna looked at John and Elena.

"I'm still confused here."

"I decided to come back and stay a while," John stated.

"Not here you're not," Jenna argued.

"Actually you can't stop me from living here," John said and Arabella sensed the bomb he was just about to drop. She honestly hoped he would refrain, but considering John's rather dick personality, he probably knew no boundaries.

"Actually, I can as legal guardian," Jenna declared confidently.

"Yeah. About that, um, Elena you want me to explain the situation or would you like to do the honors?" John inquired, almost mockingly but playing faux confused.

"Ok, what's going on?" Jenna snapped.

Arabella quietly sipped her coffee, not wanting to get in between the family drama. She had enough of it on her own.