CHAPTER TWENTY✔️

dedicated to salvatoretrash bc it's my joint account with layla and y'all should follow it

TWENTY | TIME FOR TEA

A cellphone rang out in Caroline Forbes' house. The four girls huddled inside Caroline's bed immediately woke up.

"Ugh, sleeping," Arabella moaned.

"Go away," Caroline groaned and (accidentally) pushed Elena on to the ground.

There was a "hello," from Elena and the three girls on the bed shushed her.

Arabella was about to fall asleep, when a ring erupted from her phone, causing Caroline to push Arabella off the bed.

"Watch it." Bella snapped and reached over to read the text.

Get pretty, we're going to a party to formally introduce you to everyone in Mystic Falls. -xoxo, D

Arabella groaned.

much rather sleep. -A

Damon's reply was instant.

Get your ass up now.

"Asshole," grumbled Arabella as she stumbled down the stairs and caught a ride with Stefan to the boarding house where she got dressed in a dress and flats (external link) and then went to the Historical Society.

"So, why am I going to this?" asked Arabella while she was in the car with Damon.

"I've said this like a hundred times, we need to introduce you to everyone and—are you wearing a dress?" Damon asked, staring at the dress on Bella.

"Yes Damon, I am. You tend to wear them to formal events such as this Historical Society thing," Bella stated annoyed.

"I haven't seen you in a dress in ages," Damon remarked.

Arabella snorted. "You haven't seen me in ages Damon, times changed and people changed."

"But your wearing a dress, you hated wearing dresses," Damon said.

"Your voice is extra annoying today, you know that?" Arabella remarked with a sugary-sweet smile.

"I like it though, shows off your legs," Damon said, and Arabella smacked his arm but was laughing nonetheless.

"So, why are you going to this dumb tea thing?" Arabella asked Damon.

"To meet the guest of honor, your lovely brother," Damon said.

"Which one?" Arabella asked immediately.

"Elijah," Damon declared, eyeing Bella. "Who else would be here?"

"No one you should know." Damon nodded, and Arabella turned up the radio.

"What ever happened to good music?" muttered Arabella, scrunching her nose up as Britney Spears' voice floated through Damon's car. The rest of the ride was filled with shitty tunes and snarky remarks from the two of them. When they arrived at the Lockwood Mansion, Arabella and Damon walked in together and were greeted by Jenna.

"Damon, Bella what are you two doing here?" Jenna asked.

A girl came up Damon. "Hi, you came!"

"Hi," Damon greeted and smiled.

"Hi." The girl leaned in for a kiss. Arabella raised an eyebrow and looked at Jenna. Jenna shrugged in response.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna," Damon stated.