CHAPTER THIRTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️

dedicated to MagicalBears for being a great brother and backing me up

THIRTEEN | THE SPARK

Arabella was still a child when she met Jasper. She was walking through the busy village. A basket in one hand, her older brother's hand in the other. Arabella was not allowed to go out alone at her age, her family in fear of what might happen to her. Rebekah used to be treated the same way, until she reached of age where she felt safe about defending herself.

Arabella kept wanting to walk away from Kol but he only gripped Arabella's hand tighter.

"Kol, can I please go over there?" Arabella whined.

"As long as I come with you," Kol stated.

"But Kol!" Arabella whined. "I am perfectly capable by myself."

"It is not that I do not trust you Arabella, I do not want mother and father to reprimand me."

"Kol, they won't find out," remarked Arabella.

"How do you know?" Kol asked.

"It's not like they're watching us right now." Kol looked torn.

After thinking it through, Kol let out a sigh. "Fine--"

Arabella squealed, and ran off over to a fruit cart. She examined the fruits laid out. A variety of apples, green grapes, watermelon, slices of pineapple, pears, peaches, and plums were laid before her. Arabella licked her lips greedily. She looked around to see if anyone was watching her, and to her luck, no one was. Or at least, that's what she thought. Arabella snatched a juicy plum and hid it in her bag then grabbed an apple in which she put inside her bag as well. Arabella walked away from the cart as if nothing had happened until she heard someone calling her.

"Miss! Miss!" A voice said.

Arabella turned around and saw a devilishly handsome man running up to her. He was about her age, floppy golden blonde hair and sparkling green eyes. He had a few freckles dotted on his face from the sun, and red plump lips. He was wearing the usual clothes for a workman while Arabella usually dressed much like a queen due to her family's wealth.

Arabella flashed him a charming smile. "How may I help you?"

"You-you need to," The boy took a sharp breath, noting Arabella's beauty. "You-uh, need to put back the um, fruit that you t-took."

Arabella smiled wider, noticing the boy's shyness.

"I'm not sure what you are talking about," Arabella replied confusedly. She furrowed her eyebrows and hid the apple behind her.

The boy glared at her, but backed down a bit at Arabella's intimidating stare.

"I saw you take some thing's from my father's cart," the boy stated.

Arabella smiled. "How about a trade?"

"What kind of trade?" The boy asked wearily.

"I'll tell you a secret, and I can keep the fruit," Arabella said, giving off her signature grin.

The blonde boy was almost starstruck by Arabella. She was very much beautiful, and the boy couldn't help but check her out a bit.

"How is that fair?" asked the blonde.