CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE✔️

dedicated to TaylorSwiftCommunity because it actually exists

TWENTY-FIVE | I CAN'T HIDE NO MORE

Arabella was rushing over to a very distraught Elena after getting a call from her about the return of her mother. Arabella frantically knocked on the door until someone let her in.

"Elena!" she yelled, pushing through whoever opened the door to see her friend.

"Bella!" said Elena in relief as she saw the strawberry-blonde.

"Where's Jenna?" asked Arabella.

"She's locked herself in her room, won't come out," Elena declared.

There was a knock on the door and Elena went to open it.

"Hey, is she up yet?" asked Alaric, briskly walking inside the house.

"She won't come out of her room," answered Elena, slightly shaking her head.

Alaric walked through the doorway and went to stand by the staircase.

"What'd you tell her?" asked Alaric.

"Nothing! She won't talk to me," said Elena- her voice breaking a bit.

Arabella sighed and ran a hand through her unbrushed hair. "We're gonna have to fix this, Elena."

"Yeah," whispered Elena and Alaric.

There was light tapping on the staircase and Elena, Arabella, and Alaric looked up.

"Hey."

"Jenna!"

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go," Jenna said. "Why is Bella here?"

Arabella hesitated on her answer, but Jenna cut in before.

"You knew about the Isobel thing too, wow," said Jenna.

"Ok, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now," Alaric said softly.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it," snapped Jenna.

"Where are you going?" questioned Elena.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write and I don't want to be in this house," remarked Jenna harshly.

Arabella stayed silent, not wanting to intervene. She didn't know the detailed version on the whole Isobel thing, other than she was Elena's biological mother and a real bitch.

"Jenna please, just let us explain to you exactly what is going on," said Alaric.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwoods' today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation," Jenna said, looking at the girl.

"Okay, but Jenna please—"

"—I don't have it in me to hear anymore lies from you," Jenna said, her voice sharp but cracking at the end.

"Jenna, just—"

"Let her go," a new voice said. "It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on. But, maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning this—"

Alaric stopped John Gilbert's talk by punching him in the face. Elena gasped, while Arabella chuckled.

"Sorry guys," whispered Alaric at the two girls while walking out the door.