CHAPTER FIVE (FLASHBACK)☑️

dedicated to acciotbs because i love her stories to death

FIVE | REMEMBERING

(Continued Flashback)

"I'm with child."

Niklaus and Elijah's eyes widened and their breaths hitched. They were shocked by the news.

"Arabella, this is brilliant news," Elijah told her with a confused look. "Why are you so upset?"

"Don't you get it Elijah? Father and mother will be furious with me for being intimate with Jasper! Or worse, kill the baby," She replied, whispering the last part in horror. The brothers realized this was bad news.

"What do I do?" Arabella asked them. Arabella looked up to her brothers, though she would never admit it. They're opinion mattered to hers, and vice versa.

"I reckon you tell Jasper," Elijah muttered. Arabella nodded in agreement.

"If you're so worried about mother and father, then you could live with Jasper until the baby is born," Klaus commented.

Arabella shook her head. "They will notice my absence and start looking."

"Get some sleep sister, Niklaus will tell Jasper to meet with you," Elijah said, helping his sister up.

Arabella nodded meekly, and crawled over to her bedding to get well needed rest.

~

When the sun rose, Arabella felt nervous and had butterflies in her stomach. She had to tell Jasper and couldn't help but think about the effects it will have on him. Jasper would have to tell his family and some how stick by her side.

Arabella heard from Niklaus that she were to meet with Jasper at sundown, which gave her plenty time to practice and think about what she will say. Arabella was hoping that she could tell him the news and Jasper would have the perfect plan set up, except hope and luck can only take you so far.

Arabella arrived early, so she watched the waterfall. She remembered when she found the area, how serene it was with birds chirping and deer grazing. Of course, the deer scampered away when they saw Arabella enter the secluded land. Arabella was only a child at the time, and years have passed.

Jasper came into sight, and Arabella looked over to him and gave him a tentative smile. Jasper noticed his love's worried look, so he asked her what was wrong.

"Jasper, my love. This news will come as a shock," She told him, grabbing his hands and rubbing them. She bit her lip as she prepared for the words.

Jasper nodded, still confused on to what was happening.

"I am with child," Arabella whispered, not meeting Jasper's eyes.

Jasper gasped and took the information in. After digesting it, he took his hands away. Glaring at the strawberry-blonde hatefully, he said, "You were with someone else!"

Arabella gasped at his hurtful words. "Jasper, I would never! I love you!" she cried.

"No! There is no possible way. You went around the village, picking up anyone who would sleep with you."