CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE✔️

dedicated to tobyscavanaugh because it's my second account holla

THIRTY-THREE | RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW IS ALL WE GOT

ok read this!!!

so in order for the next update, i need at least 15 comments. i WILL NOT update until this chapter has 15 comments about your reactions.

the reason being that I care about your guys opinions and you guys can get inactive and it sucks :/

so, comment away!

~~~

Elena walked through the Lockwood house, and without saying a word, she proved that she kept Elijah's word; she came back. However, clearly Elena was interested in whatever was left of Klaus' past.

"Welcome back darling," Arabella greeted sarcastically, pouring herself a drink.

Elena shoved off her jacket and demanded, "Tell me. What is Klaus' curse?"

Arabella raised an eyebrow at the girl's tone and shared a look with her brother before she spoke, "Our family was close. But Klaus and our father didn't get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not our father's son."

Elena looked confused at this, so Arabella sighed through her nose and looked at Elijah to continue for her. Elijah spoke, "Our mother had been unfaithful years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline, and back then, that was the greatest shame."

Elena's face flickered in realization.

"Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and killed my mother's lover and his entire family," Arabella stated. Elena looked shocked. "Darling, don't look shocked. This kind of thing was common; we were a very barbaric family."

"Arabella—"

"I don't lie, Elijah. It's true," Arabella snapped, glaring at her brother. "What my father didn't realize is that he would ignite a war between two species that rages to this day."

"A war between the species?" Elena questioned, back to being confused.

"The vampires..." Arabella paused for effect, "...and the werewolves."

"So, Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline?" Elena asked, looking at the Mikaelson siblings. "What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?"

"Both," the word trailed off Arabella's lips effortlessly, as if she had practiced it in the mirror.

Elena's mouth dropped open in shock, and Arabella only sipped on her beverage, soaking in Elena's shock.

"A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf an vampire," Elijah stated. "Nature would not stand for such an inbalance of power."

"Therefore the witches, servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant ," Arabella finished for Elijah.

"That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?" Elena asked.

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf," Arabella vaguely answered. "If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race."

Elena slowly got up as Elijah explained the rest, "Endangering not just vampires, but everyone."

"But you two helped him," Elena remarked.

"I helped him because I loved him," Elijah spoke. "That's changed, now he must die."

Arabella glanced at the almost empty glass in her hand, feeling the same as Elijah.