CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE✔️

dedicated to whitecanarys because her stories are bomb.com

TWENTY-ONE | YOU KNOW I'M NOT ONE TO BREAK PROMISES

Arabella roamed the halls of the mansion her brothers begged her to join them in. It was not much of a surprise to how Niklaus had received the house, he obviously compelled it. The year was 1492 and Arabella's hair was gracefully braided and her long sleeved dress was a perfect shade of red. Arabella held a small smile on her lips as she admired the Victorian exterior.

"Arabella," a voice called and Arabella turned her head to the voice. Elijah came walking to her.

"Brother, can I help you?" questioned Arabella.

"What is it you plan on doing here?" asked Elijah.

"Merely walking around, why? Worried I might slip out?" teased Arabella with a raised eyebrow.

"I would not be surprised," muttered Elijah.

Arabella huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "It is quite a beautiful house Niklaus acquired; I was only admiring the decor."

Elijah looked at his little sister. "Just admiring?"

Arabella's eyes flared with irritation. "Yes, Elijah. Anything else you'd like to ask me?"

Elijah turned his head away from the strawberry-blonde, signaling he was finished with his interrogation, and left the room.

"Devil," muttered Arabella as she continued walking around.

Arabella walked into a great hall and let out a small gasp as she examined the intricate designs on the roof. Various swirls of all colors covered the roof and glass stains were the windows. Everything was painted so beautifully, and the girl was sure Niklaus had painted it himself. Arabella got lost in the designs and didn't notice someone approaching her.

"Milday," a voice said and Arabella whipped around to see a servant with brown hair and the most exquisite blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Yes?" Arabella questioned.

"Mister Klaus said no one could come in here," replied the servant.

Arabella smiled. "Silly man, I'm sure Niklaus wouldn't mind his sister to take a peek."

The servant look hesitant.

"Dance with me?" asked Arabella, holding out her hand and casting a charming smile on her face.

The servant shook his head and Arabella frowned.

"Oh, come on love! I said dance," Arabella demanded, her eyes compelling the boy.

The servant grabbed Arabella's hand and twirled her around.

"What is your name, love?" asked Arabella.

"Jasper." The boy smiled.

Arabella froze a bit in her dancing steps.

"Is everything alright?" inquired Jasper.

"Yes, my apologies." Arabella shook her head to clear her thoughts of her former love.

The two continued to dance without music, and Arabella giggled at the servants poor dance moves.

"You are a terrible dancer, darling, I take pity on you," declared Arabella with a wide smile.

"I haven't gone to school, milady," replied Jasper.