CHAPTER FOURTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️

dedicated to teenwolfys because i love her stories

FOURTEEN | THE RUNAWAY

Arabella was around 500 years old in her young body when she met Katerina. She had run away from her siblings again in the time period they've been vampires. It, actually, wasn't Arabella who had crawled back to them. She happened to see one of the siblings, who then persuaded her easily to come back. In fact, 200 years has been the longest time that she was away from them, but for a good reason.

Arabella was with Katerina at her birth of her child. She saw Katerina's eyes when she saw her bundle of joy, and saw them when her beautiful girl was taken away from her. At first, she was just going to capture the girl and use it as leverage with her siblings, but Arabella sympathized the girl about her baby and the two became friends instantly.

They went off to England together, both of them not knowing who was there and why. Katerina invited Arabella to a party, with the strawberry-blonde not even knowing remotely who it was for and why, but she went along anyway. Katerina told her that she had to get in her best outfits to impress, and Arabella just laughed and pulled out a gown.

"My, Arabella! That gown is absolutely gorgeous on you," Katerina said.

"Thank you, Katerina. I must say, you will acquire many men tonight with your dress," stated Arabella, laughing a bit.

Arabella's dress was a floor length gown and  it was colored a midnight blue. The dress poofed out a bit at the waist and the breast and skirt were covered in a delicate lace; it was long sleeved.

Both of the girls showed up and Arabella, being the social butterfly she was, started talking to everyone about everything. Katerina joined to as well. The two were a bit of a hit at the rather formal party.

A man had come over to Katerina while Arabella was off getting drinks for the two.

"Katerina, I got us both some orange juice, but I added-oh my," whispered Arabella, staring at Elijah with wide eyes. Elijah, however, was extremely amused with his sister.

Arabella took a sip of her drink, while Katerina whispered, "Do you fancy him, Bella?"Arabella spit out her drink into her cup.

"Katerina!" she hissed at her friend.

"Just asking," Katerina teased.

"Katerina, he is my brother." Arabella said, grimacing. She wasn't really excited over the whole situation.

"Well Arabella, it is certainly wonderful to see you," Elijah said, his eyes almost staring into Arabella's as if he was examining each dirty thing she did while away.

"Wish I could say the same," she muttered. "Why are you here?"

"I came to see your friend," Elijah said, looking at the brunette next to her.

"Hello," Katerina greeted shyly.

Elijah stared at her, almost dazed. Katerina looked at Arabella questioningly. In which she shrugged back. Elijah, noticing Katerina was uncomfortable, apologized.

"Forgive me, you just remind me of someone," Elijah said, shaking his head to clear his thoughts.

"My words exactly, brother," Arabella murmured quietly, only enough for the vampire to hear. Elijah smirked at his sister, seemingly proud of the friendship created between the two girls.