CHAPTER FOUR (FLASHBACK)☑️

dedicated to -claflins because of her amazing stories!

FOUR | BELLA

While Arabella was waiting for her brother to wake, she couldn't help but reminisce on her human days. The days when she was young and innocent; when she didn't have to worry about how many people she could kill and being worried about her siblings.

Flashback

Rebekah and Arabella had flowers in their hair. Arabella was sitting on the ground with the youngest Mikaelson brother, Henrik. Arabella was weaving a flower crown with her sister while Henrik was playing with a toy he made.

"Arabella, Henrik come on! Our brothers are fighting again," Rebekah called. The siblings got up, curious to what they were doing now.

Klaus and Elijah were in heavy combat. Elijah thrusted his sword at Klaus and he skillfully blocked as Klaus did the same. The three Mikaelson's watched in awe, especially Arabella. She had convinced her lover to teach her some moves. She learned quickly and was able to beat Jasper - her lover - many of times.

"Look Niklaus, our sisters have arrived...to watch my fast-approaching victory," Elijah stated confidently, looking at both Rebekah and Arabella.

"On the contrary, Elijah," Niklaus said and swung at Elijah.

Arabella let out a small laugh. She resisted the urge to grab a sword from her other brother, Kol, and join the fun. Although she couldn't, because it wasn't appropriate for the times. Klaus swung at Elijah, cutting his belt with the harsh force.

"They have come to laugh at you," Niklaus declared with a chuckle at his move. Rebekah and Arabella erupted into giggles and laughter. However, their father and mother were not amused.

The two sister's laugh diminished when they say their father coming over. Arabella frowned a bit, wondering what Mikael was going to do.

Mikael grabbed Elijah's sword. "So, why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior," Mikael mocked, the end sarcastic.

Arabella's breath hitched, fear of what scarring torment Mikael would cause.

Mikael harshly swung at Niklaus, but thankfully he blocked the hit. They battled on, swinging and thrusting the swords and each blocking the blows.

"Father, we were just having fun," remarked Niklaus, a desperate look in his eyes.

This made Mikael angry. "We fight for our survival, and you find time for fun?" Mikael loudly questioned. "I want to have fun! Teach me. Come on!"

Arabella acted on quick impulse. She thought this was her time to prove herself to her brutal father. She ran over Klaus and picked up a sword. She stepped in front of her brother and blocked the swing.

"What are you doing, Arabella?" Mikael shouted in shock.

"I'm fighting for survival father, and standing up for what's right!" Arabella exclaimed. "You cannot treat him like this!"

They exchanged blows and the Mikaelson's watched in awe at Arabella's bravery. Sadly, Mikael had won and knocked the sword out of her hands. Except, Mikael did not stop. He swung at Arabella numerous times, and cut open the fabric to her dress and opened a wound, the blood dripping lightly from her arm. Mikael backed Arabella up to a tree and put the sword to her throat.

"Father, please!" The siblings pleaded, fearful of their little sister. Their father was blind with rage, their pleas and begging were no use.