Doubt

Elsa's POV

Jelsa, the perfect couple of the campus. They were perfect in everything. Their visuals were chef's kiss.  They treated each other so well. They never fought. They were made for each other.

Huh! This was all the crap that I used to hear when we're were in highschool and college.

But then the actual sh*t called, life came to me. That were the moments I realised how happy I was during highschool and college.

Now, now, I'm crawled up in my blanket, still not over him, and I'm crying.

I remember all those sweet memories we had. Out first meet.

"You're Elsa, right?" The white haired boy asked as he helped me pick up the papers that had fallen on the ground when we bumped into each other.

"How did you know?" I asked him curiously, I mean I just transferred here and I can't be so famous, right?

"It's written on your notebook." He said as we both stood up. I mouthed a 'oh' .

"I'm Jackson Overland Frost, but call me Jack." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh Jack, nice to mee-" I was about to speak but someone bumped onto me from back. "Elsa!! What are you doing here! We have to go to the Principal too!" My sister, Anna said, overexcited.

"See ya around." I said to Jack as I was dragged by Anna. He nodded.

We gradually became friends but I had a crush on him. I knew he did too.  I still remember the way he confessed to me.

It was an off period. So the students decided to go to the playground. Jack had his guitar with him. He was the famous musician of our class afterall.

He wanted to be a singer. I had supported him in everything.

Now back to the story, everyone was sitting in groups, chating. But then Jack, all of a sudden got up and went to the front.

"Hey everyone! I want y'all to pay attention, because I'm gonna sing a song. A song dedicated to someone special." He said and diverted his eyes towards my direction.

And that's when someone made me feel special for the first time in a while. He confessed to me, with a song, that he wrote for me.

After he finished it, he ran towards me. He stood infront of me, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes!" I said, smiling. "Wait- seriously?!" He asked as I nodded. He pulled me into a tight hug and I heard my classmates cheering for us.

And many more sweet memories of my high school and college life. Like bunking classes and going to movies and getting caught together.

Being one of the most famous couples of the campus. The moments were too many that the author's hands will be exhausted while writing or typing this.

After college, he devoted his life to music, like literally. He became a singer. A successful singer.

He was really famous. But it wasn't revealed that I was with him, I mean what if his fans didn't like me, so it's better to keep it a secret.

But, his fame was a huge problem for me. His fans would stay infront of our house, would show up whenever we decided to go on a date, etc.

And him, he slowly stopped caring for me, or I should say, I thought of it. He started giving more attention towards his fans.

He would come home late, and if you see his texts, you can see many lucky fans that he texts.

And that's when I started doubting him. I started questioning if he was cheating on me.

This slowly happened everyday, and the doubts didn't come alone, they came with arguments and fights.

It became a daily thing. He was tired of it.

Until one day, he left.

He hadn't come home for 1 month, neither there was any trace of him from the paparazzies.

He never contacted me. I felt like it was my fault. And infact, it WAS. I was being overdramatic and ofcourse anyone with a normal brain would feel burdened.

After all, he loved me since the beginning.

I decided to take a look at some of his papers on the table. What if he did write something there?

I saw a song, some lyrics. It was a love song. The lyrics were romantic. I read all the lyrics and could feel myself smiling until I saw a word.

Katherine.

Who is it?

But then, I heard the door open. I turned around to see Jack with his guitar drapped against his body.

He looks like he travelled a lot. He looked exhausted. "I went to my parent's home, because of the paparazzies, sorry for not contacting, darling." He said as he placed the guitar aside and approached me and hugged me tight.

I didn't hug back. "Who is Katherine?" I said as he broke the hug and looked at me with a confused face.

I pointed towards the song's lyrics. He giggled. "No need to be jealousy, Elsie~ it's just a song for a movie where there's the female lead named 'Katherine'." He said casually.

"You never told me about any such movie? It could be my name too? Why Kathrine?" I argued. He knew it was serious.

"Babe, stop being overdramatic, let's talk about my vacation at my pare--" He began but I cut him.

"I don't wanna hear about any of your stupid vacations, I want answer!" I yelled. "Babe, calm down, you're overreactin-" he tried to calm me but it didn't work.

"So is it me who's overreacting, huh? First, tell me about-" I said but was taken back because of what she said.

"Let's just breakup." He said as he took the guitar and went downstairs and then out of the house.

The realisation hit me. Yes, I was being overdramatic, instead of welcoming him home, I was doing that.

Anyone would have been mad.

I ran after him and tried calling his name, but it was too late, he took his car and left.

While I? I was grabbing my own hair out of frustration.

You think it was bad? If it ended here, it would've been much better. But instead, it ended with a news on the television the next morning.

"Famous singer, Jackson Frost, has passed away in a car accident due to high speed driving."

That's how I lost him.

Today, it marks 1 year. I visited his grave and asked for him to forgive me for the 1000th time.

But he couldn't hear me anymore. It was all my fault. When I remember those memories, a tear always manages to fall from my eye.

Like, now..

This wa sthe story, of how I lost him because of a doubt.