She who taught me how to love

3rd Person POV

Jack was always like that emo teenager who had an obsession of cigarettes. And it was kinda destroying his life.

He got obsessed with it since high school and to buy cigarettes, he'd always fight with his parents.

And that's how he slowly lost contact with them. He's now a college student and does part time job to get money which he always wastes on cigarettes.

He who was the son of a wealthy father is doing part time jobs now.

He didn't have any friends, because he lost the ones he had because of his obsession.

His life wasn't that great, he had no hope, he just lived because he had to. But then, suddenly someone moved in to the apartment near him.

Jack wasn't really interested in greeting neighbours but the girl was. She visited his apartment the day after she moved in.

Jack was playing his piano, the last gift from his father to him while smoking just when he heard a knock.

He opened the door just to see a platinum blonde haired girl, smiling warmly at him.

"What do you want?" Jack eyed her. "I'm Elsa, I'm your new neighbour! I brought you some snacks, as a first meet gift!" The girl smiled.

"Okay, thank you, get lost." Jack was about to close the door but she stopped him.

"Do you smoke?" She suddenly asked. "It's none of your business I suppose." He replied. "So that's a 'yes'?" Elsa raised a brow.

"I'm sensitive to the smell." She said. "It's not your appartment, why do you care?" Jack was trying to close the door but the girl was surprisingly strong .

"You look like a good guy, I don't want my neighbour next door to die because of smoking and me being afraid to come in this building." She said.

"Is that all?" Jack asked. "Maybe, I felt like there was something that makes me wanting to know you." Elsa shrugged.

"There's not much to know about me, and you're disturbing me, please get lost." He said. "I don't think it's a nice way to welcome your neighbours." Elsa said.

"Anyways, here." She handed him something, maybe some snacks. "Hope to see you soon!" With that, she left.

"I hope not." He closed the door. Jack went to the kitchen and opened it just to see 2 pieces of pastries.

Without knowing, he smiled. But then mentally slapped himself and went back to what he was doing.

And they started meeting coincidentally many times. Just like this:

Elsa was going to get some snacks in the midnight because she felt like it. She entered the shop just to see someone familiar on the counter.

She looked at that man carefully just to see it was Jack. She smiled and decided to talk to him.

"Hey!" Elsa greeted, getting Jack's attention who was on his phone. "How can I help yo- what are you doing here right now?!" He asked.

"Are you stalking me?!" He gasped. "Like I don't have any other work to do." Elsa rolled her eyes. "I'm here to get something and oh you're smoking again I see. Why do you even want to die so early."

"It's not your life, why do you care?" Jack asked. "I..... I care about everyone!" Elsa said it as an excuse.

"Yeah sure, just get whatever you want and please leave. You make me irritated." Jack rolled his eyes.