Fell for an alien 3/3

3rd person POV

Life wasn't the same for Elsa anymore. She was missing him so bad. Even though, she had Merida by her side, but it couldn't fill Jack's absence.

She was miserable. She would skip meals, she would cry herself to sleep, she wasn't online on social media.

She was most of the time locked inside her room. She did let Merida in but as I said, SOMETIMES.

This went on for some months. Elsa still wasn't over him. Just some months, and this is what he had done to her heart.

Elsa still misses him but there wasn't any use of crying all the time and torturing herself.

Even though she might be doing it, it wouldn't bring him back. He's gone, forever and no matter what she does she can't bring him back.

Elsa's eyes still shed a tear from time to time but her condition was better than before.

She was going back to work. She thought it would help her get over him. She forgets him for some time.

But then, she sees something that reminds her of him, someone tells or asks something that he'd ask, or she goes to places they've went together, she misses him like crazy.

She had an idea. Why not turn her story of ill-fated love story into a book?

She started writing a book. All of the people who were close to her helped her with it.

Even though, most of them didn't know about Jack, as they thought it was just a random idea, they let it go.

It was 1 am. Elsa was still awake, scrolling through her phone just then someone called her.

"Hello?" Elsa picked up the call. "Elsa! Why are you still awake?! Tomorrow is the publishing day of your book! You should sleep." It was Merida.

She was in her hometown. She was missing her hometown, her mother and her family, so she decided to visit them.

"And why are you awake?" Elsa giggled. "That's not the case right now. You're the main person for tomorrow's event! You should get some rest and get ready for tomorrow." Merida said.

Merida will be here tomorrow morning. She scolded Elsa for some time and then hung up, suggesting her to sleep.

Elsa smiled, thinking how good friend Merida is. She then kept her phone aside and was trying to sleep.

But her mind somehow went towards Jack. She started thinking of him and the moments they shared again.

Elsa sighed and went to her balcony. She stared at the sky. She always does that during the night when she misses him.

She talks to the stars, pretending she's talking to him.

"My mind is still revolving around you, I guess?" Elsa smiled. "I miss you so much."

"The book is publishing tomorrow and it's all about our love story. Our ill-fated love story. Hope you could've been here." She sighed.

She talked to 'Jack' for sometime before crying herself to sleep.

[The next day]

The place was so crowded, after publishing her book with the help of the news channel that she's working in, she wanted to be alone for some time.

All of her friends were happy for her, except for her. No one understands that, but Merida did.

But still, Merida seemed happy that day, paying no attention to her bestfriend.

It kind made Elsa uncomfortable thinking Merida is gonna leave her too, just like Jack did.

She was insecure.

There was a lake near the venue. Elsa was staring at the lake by leaning forward on the fencing.

She was just sadly enjoying the view of the nature. She was there for too long, so she decided to go back to the venue.

But also, she didn't want to. She was fighting her urge to go or not go just then someone suddenly tapped on her shoulder.

Elsa flinched and screamed slightly and turned around, ready to fight that person with fierce eyes.

But her eyes became soft because of whom she saw.

Jack.

She was completely not expecting him here and she felt like it was just h r delusion.

"Jack?" She still called out. "Yeah?" He gave her a warm smile. "Is that really you? I'm not dreaming, right?" Elsa asked.

"You're not dreaming, Elsa. It's really me! I'm back!" He smiled and opened his arms.

Elsa wasted no time to embrace herself in his warmth. Both of them were hugging each other, crying our of joy.

"I still can't believe that it's you! I missed you. How are you here? Why are you here? After all, you wanted to go back-" Elsa was showering him with questions, still hugging him.

"Slow down." Jack giggled. "It was always me who asked so many questions."

"Yes, it's really me, you're not dreaming, I'm here because I got permission from our president to be here, as a part of a job, and I have to give him some monthly reports about earth and it's people. And why am I here? For you! Duh. Yes, I wanted to go back, but not after I found you....not after I learnt to love you." Jack smiled.

They parted and stared at each other's eyes before having a passionate kiss. They were kissing for some seconds but they heard a sound of someone clearing their throat.

Both of them parted and looked at that person. It was Merida. "Liked the surprise?" Merida smirked.

"You knew?!" Elsa asked, shocked. "I mean, duh? How else would he know where you'll be." Merida rolled her eyes.

Elsa went to her and gave her a hug. Merida hugged her back. Elsa spoke after they parted.

"Since when did you know?" Elsa asked. "I was driving back here last night, around 10 pm, and saw his spaceship, so I stopped there and yeah you know escorted him here for a surprise." Merida shrugged.

"Omg Mer!! I love you!!" Elsa was happy. "Gross. Tell that to your alien. I'm off." Merida turned back and walked away.

She was smiling, he was happy seeing elsa happy, but she wasn't going to show her soft side.

While Elsa turned to Jack with heart eyes. She still couldn't believe this was happening.

I mean, what's normal when a human fell for an alien.