The Prank

Florence woke up in a hospital bed. Her eyes fluttered open slowly as the light from the room came into view.

There were get well cards, Bertie Bott's every flavoured beans and chocolates frogs scattered around her by the hospital bed she was in.

She looked down and she was wearing Fred's jumper. It smelt of fireworks and the flames of a fire.

She smiled at the scent of it and then looked at her Dad who was asleep on one of the chairs next to the hospital bed she was in.

'Dad?' Flo asked trying to wake him up as she sat up on the bed she was in.

'Bear, my darling girl. I am so sorry what happened to you.' Lupin said as he woke up and got up out of his chair and embraced her in a warm hug.

'Dad, I'm fine honestly.' Flo said.

'You know you are the bravest person I have ever met. It hurts me to think about how much pain you were in and I'm sorry I couldn't of been there to protect you.' Lupin said.

'I'm fine really. Thank you for staying with me. How long have I been here for?' Flo asked.

'Two days. I've been here by your side the whole time. Madame Pomfrey wouldn't let anyone see you, but they gave gifts to me to leave for you.' Remus explained gesturing to the gifts surrounding Florence.

'How's Harry is he alright?' Flo asked.

'He's fine, his arm in now bandaged up. He was so worried about you Flo.' Remus said.

'I don't want him to blame himself for what happened to me.' Flo said sadly.

'He has a brave heart. He got that from his mother and father. I think he just couldn't bear seeing you like that and not being able to do anything.' Remus said honestly.

'Thanks Dad.' Flo said.

'That Fred Weasley gave Madame Pomfrey a hard time for her not letting him see you.' Remus said with a grin.

'Please tell me he didn't beat her up.' Flo said with a laugh escaping her lips.

'No, he didn't. He left his jumper though and I put it on you.' Remus said smiling at Flo who was draped in the large dark green jumper with the letter 'F' on it.

'Thanks dad.' Flo said looking at Remus with a happy gaze.

'You know he came every chance he got just to ask Madame Pomfrey if he could see you.' Remus said.

'He did?' Flo said with a recognisable warmth filling her body.

'Yeh he did. I can tell he's a good one. But If I see a hickey on your body, I will kill him.' Lupin said with a smile.

'You're so dramatic Dad.' Flo said with a laugh.

'I don't want to know how my daughter is getting her skin sucked off by a boy thank you very much.' Remus said sounding very protective.

'Dad!' Flo exclaimed her face plastered with shock at his comment.

'Your still my little girl, always have, always will be.' Remus said beaming down at Flo.

'I love you Dad.' Flo said with love in her eyes. 

'Come on let's get you out of here. You need to eat something so let's go find your friends at the Great Hall for Lunch.

Remus helped her out of bed and put all her gifts in a bottomless beaded bag with an extension charm on it so she could easily carry everything she had gotten in it.

Flo did up her appearance as she tied her hair up and put on some slippers which Hermione had given Remus to give her.

Flo and her Dad left the Hospital wing and walked to the Great Hall for Lunch.