The First Match

It was the next day, the day of the Quidditch Game: Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw.

Florence was a bit sadder today as she couldn't put on her Quidditch Jumper and she couldn't tie her hair in a tight ponytail like she did for every game. She felt slightly useless.

She got up out her bed and just put on some home clothes. Then she ventured off to the Great Hall.

When Florence entered there were cheers and chants from the tables due to the excitement of the first game.

Florence looked across at the Gryffindor's at their table and her whole team that she used to play with was there, along with this girl who she knew replaced her. This girl was also one of Angelina's best friends.

Florence didn't want to start anything, the twins looked so happy to play so she thought it be best to talk to Angelina afterwards. Anyways, she thought it be best to leave the team to discuss as she knew she would feel sad listening in to their post-game match play tactics.

She decided to sit with Cassius and Graham on the Slytherin table.

There were a few other boys there like Blaise and Draco. Florence also saw that there was Adrian who was in a discussion with Pansy as they seemed to be talking about something that appeared interesting.

As she sat down, she was greeted with smiles from Cass and Graham and she smiled back before tucking into some food.

'Ooooo, The Lioness has become a Serpent!' Draco yelled grabbing the attention from most of the Gryffindor table. Most people just glared at Angelina as they knew she was responsible for not putting their best player on the team. The twins and Lee turned round to look at Florence with the Slytherins.

'Shut up Malfoy.' Flo spat.

'We heard...you know that your not-' Graham started.

'Not on the team. It's alright Gray, I probably just didn't play as well as I thought I did.' Flo insisted.

'Your joking, right?' Blaise asked.

'Don't be daft Flo. You know in training us Slytherins were like we have no chance against Gryffindor if you're on the team.' Cassius exclaimed.

'He's right.' Pucey stated, coming into the conversation. 'You are the best chaser I have seen in a long time. Gryffindor are fucked without you.'

'Thanks guys, but I guess I will watch in the stands today.' Flo said.

'You can cheer on that Weasley.' Cassius said causing her to smile wider.

'Wait so, it's true your dating carrot top?' Malfoy asked.

'Yeh, jealous Malfoy?' Flo sassed causing everyone to laugh on the table and causing Malfoy to glare.

The laughter circled round the Hall and Fred heard it, her laughter which was so infectious to the ear.

Over on the Gryffindor table the twins were finding it hard to not annoy and asked Angelina about not putting Flo on the team. But they had to wait as Florence wanted to speak to her first. Lee and the twins were in a discussion of their own.

'Why is she talking and laughing with Pucey? She hates him.' George asked.

'Dunno, but you got to cut her some slack. She isn't on the team and she deserves it more than anyone.' Lee said.

'Yeh she does.' Fred agreed looking over at her talking to Pucey.

'Well at least you can watch the game, it may not be the same but it's still fun.' Pucey said.