The New Professor

CONTEXT WARNING: UMBRIDGE

The weekend went by and Florence wasn't sad anymore about not being on the team but she was pissed off. It was Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw tomorrow and it was the first game she hadn't played in. She knew she was good enough, she needed to speak with Angelina and try and ask for her spot back.

It was the morning of the start of the week and Florence was eating breakfast with Hermione and Ginny catching up with them as it had been a while since all three of them had talked properly due to the chaotic start to the term.

She went to her first lesson after enjoying breakfast. Then the sound of the Hogwarts tune ringed round the corridors.

'Yo yo yo Hogwarts Students, First Quidditch game right around the corner. It's raining tonight but sunny all day so get your asses outside. Also 1st years stop running around and screaming we can't be bothered to listen to your noise Thanks. Lee Jordan OUT.' Lee shouted into the speakers across the school.

Florence giggled with Hermione and Ginny for a bit and then she waved goodbye to them and met up with Lee.

It was Flo's first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson today with the new Professor. She walked into the classroom and the Professor hadn't arrived yet. She took her seat as she sat down at her desk next to Fred.

'Hey.' Fred whispered.

'Morning Freddie.' Flo whispered back leaning over and messing up his hair.

'I'm sorry your not on the team, me and George are going to talk to Angelina. It's bloody bullshit,' Fred insisted.

'I think it's best if I talk to her first probably after the match today, you know before anyone else gets involved but thank you anyway.'

'No problem. You ready for this lesson?'

'Apparently she's mental.' Flo said.

'No one can be as mental as you.' Fred said with a grin.

'Fuck you Weasley, I'm not the one who ran through this school naked.' Flo said with a smirk.

'I remember walking into the common room with no clothes on and I if I'm not mistaken I saw your face light up.' Fred teased

'It did not...' Flo lied but she looked into his eyes and he gave her a 'yeah right' kind of look with raised eyebrows and he looked her up and down. 'Fine, maybe a little but who can bloody blame me.' Flo giggled.

'I think I saw you drool.' Fred smirked. Florence smacked the back of his head as they both laughed with each other.

But they were interrupted by an annoying sound of 'ehem'. Fred and Flo turned around as well as the rest of the class and saw the lady, dressed in all pink at the back of the classroom. The two shot each other a look as they tried to hold in laughter at the woman's outfit.

She flicked her wand and a chalk shot up from the board and letters began to appear on the board.

'Good morning children.' The woman smiled with her teeth pursed out and her hair was in a strange side curl. 'N. E. W. T., more commonly known as Newts. As you all know in one year you will be graduating so you need to start preparing for what you want to do as young wizards. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe.' The woman said coldly with a very fake smile as she flicked her wand again and some books started to float through the air and plop on the student's desks.

Florence picked up her book and started to skim read it.

'From now on you will be following a carefully structured Ministry approved course of Defensive Magic.' Umbridge continued.