The Birthday

cred to JadeDior_ for helping me a lot with this chapter and a few more chapters to come xx

A few weeks past and Florence had written back to everyone, well everyone except Pucey which she had kind of been dreading to open his letter.

It was also nearly her birthday which she was really excited for.

One afternoon Florence went back inside from lying on the grass in the sun all day with Hermione and Ginny.

She walked her way up the stairs to Ginny's room. She went into the room and Lee and the twins were standing there and Florence noticed a letter opened and in Fred's hand. Fred's face was morphed with anger.

It was the letter from Pucey.

'Guys what are you doing?' Florence asked.

'Flo...I think you may want to read this.' George said.

'Why did you open my letter?' Flo said grabbing the letter out of Fred's hand.

'I told them not to Flo I'm sorry.' Lee said looking rather sad.

Florence looked at the letter and read it as she glared at the twins.

Dear Florence,

I am writing to you to tell you a few things. I firstly want to apologise again for how I've treated you these few years. I didn't treat you right and I know that, and I am terribly sorry for the way I acted.

I just wanted to tell you even though it doesn't seem like it, but I do actually care about you.

I feel like I can't really force you to forgive me but maybe if you gave me a chance.

So, if your around at Diagon Alley in a few days let me know, maybe a drink or something.

Yours,

Adrian.

Florence looked up at the boys whose faces were looking for her response.

'So, you going to see him?' Fred asked angrily.

'I...I'm not sure, he seems like he is really sorry.' Florence said.

'But he's a dick.' Fred spat.

'Fred you're the one who opened the letter. It wasn't yours to open.' Florence said glaring at the boy as she left the room.

'Mate calm down. You know she doesn't like him that's all that matters.' George said.

'She's pissed mate, I told you not to open it.' Lee said. 'I'll go check on her and If I was you two, I would leave her for a bit.' Lee said walking out the room to find Florence.

Lee found her sitting on her own outside the Burrow by the river. He sat down next to her and she was looking into the deep aqua waters rippling on the surface illuminated by the suns beams.

'I'm sorry those dicks opened it.' Lee said embracing her in a tight hug.

'Why does Pucey want to see me though?' Flo asked.

'I'm not too sure. I know it's a lot and there is no way you could even forgive him for what he has done to you.' Lee said hugging her tighter. 'Do you think you'll see him though?' Lee asked.

'I don't know, I think I might have to see him. I also am meant to be seeing Blaise at Diagon Alley so maybe when I go there and see Blaise I'll see him for a bit, see what he has to say you know.' Florence said looking at the floor.

'Yeh you might need to eventually talk to him at some point.' Lee said.

'But why the fuck did the twins open it, it wasn't theirs to open.' Florence said angrily.