Chapter 5: The Child in the Snow

Art by @Shri_mpyowo on Twitter!

My face hit the ground mercilessly as Techno flipped me, I panted as my body ached. "We're not done here, woman.", he grunted. He was a merciless brute when it came to teaching the art of the sword or maybe I was just the brute at learning. My wings were bounded with a wrap to prevent me from escaping and also to make my training more difficult. My anger started to bubble in my chest from being humiliated so many times but I knew that feelings like those wouldn't help me land a hit on the God before me. Philza was observing from the tower that looked out upon the Kingdom of Veri, he looked worried yet once he noticed me staring, he offered me a reassuring smile. A sigh escaped my lips before I got on my feet, Technoblade signaled me to attack him. This time, he didn't manage to trip me which was a first. My hopes went up as my wooden sword almost managed to hit his mask, the keyword, almost. With one quick movement, my body was in the air and once again on the sweet ground that I was becoming to love.

"That's enough... Go get cleaned up...", sighed Technoblade before leaving me there. My tongue clicked as I rolled onto my back. A familiar figure loomed over me before chuckling and offering me his signature smile. "Maybe it's best to go train with Wilbur, my dear.", whispered Philza before lifting me. A groan of annoyance became a scream of desperation as I began to throw the sword into a wall, to my demise, it ricochetted into a window. Philza and I both paled as we noticed whose window that belonged to. "Should we run?", I asked. Philza quickly unbounded my wings, we flew up to the window and looked upon the damage my little tantrum had caused. "You fixed the inside... I'll fix the window and try to slow him down... After you're done... Run.", said Philza. I nodded and began to fix the inside, grabbing the sword and placing it on my hip.

The room was an elegant office room, books decorated both walls while weapons hanged in different positions around the room. A string of curses was all I could muster as I picked up the papers and books from the ground, something cracked under my boot. It was a locket, the green gem that served as a cover was now broken. Carefully picking it up, I noticed a picture of a beautiful woman in it, it was most possibly Technoblades lover or someone dear to him. Deep in my mind, I knew that I couldn't leave it as it currently was, so I placed it in my pocket. After making sure everything was fine, I bolted for the door. As I was turning a corner, a hand reached to grab me. My reflexes were on point as I managed to dodge the hand. My eyes met with bright red ones that were behind the skull mask. Holding back my screams, I managed to enter the safety of my room or so I thought. "Open the door, (Y/n).", growled Technoblade.

The constant banging ceased as I heard Philzas voice, I mentally thanked him before heading into the bath. My thoughts ceased as I soaked in the large tub, flowers floated around while the oils used soaked into my bruised and tired skin. The white snow outside the window kept pouring, part of me missed the green lush of my home. The Kingdom of Veri was always covered in snow and ice making it hard to inhabit, that's what everyone thought before the kingdom was built years ago. I had learned from the knights that the first king had used magic to create the kingdom and it continued that way generation after generation. Yet, Technoblade had appeared one day and liberated the Kingdom from the tyrant that ruled it after the death of the Queen. The only thing I managed to find out about the Queen is that she had a child, but no records had proven this correct.

I sighed before getting out, shaking my heavy wings. Wrapping a towel around me, I headed for the window to look out at the dark sky. My breath stopped as I saw a small figure walking by the forest a few feet away from the castle walls. Dark figures surrounded the person, glowing purple eyes could be seen from where I stood. Changing and drying my wings, I headed to my balcony, the cold wind no longer affected me like the first week of my stay. I flew over before landing a few feet from the figure, it was a child, he looked at me before whispering something. The creatures let out a shrill that made me shiver, they disappeared before the child collapsed onto the snow. "Hey!", I shouted, running over and picking him up. The child was dirty and looked malnourished; being quick, I flew back to my room. "Maids!", I shouted.