Chapter 35: A Sacrifice made with Love

The cold morning air caressed my cheek, the cold reminded me that it was time to wake up and get ready for the upcoming battle that awaited us. A part of me wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with my husband and enjoy our usual talks until the sun rose on the horizon. That part of me wanted to go back when the days were full of happiness and peace yet there was none left when my brothers were murdered and the kingdom was at risk of being destroyed. The week had passed and there had been no response from Valtameri and Solis, it felt strange to not hear from either of the Kings. My only hope was that neither had joined Amon's side to wage war against us. The thought of killing my friends brought a shiver to my spine, the voices began to whisper reassurance before reminding me of my husband's presence. 

I carefully removed my husband's arm before waking him, his red eyes looked into mine before his hand cupped my cheek. "Is it time?", he asked. A sigh escaped me before I nodded, he smiled before sitting up. I was carefully placed in his lap before we sat there for a while. The warmth he radiated was soaked into my body, my eyes closed and my sole concentration was on his heartbeat. "We will win this... Don't worry.", he whispered as he placed a kiss on my head. I hummed but kept my head on his chest, I wanted to make the moment last. We began to get ready and by the time we had our armor on, there was a soft knock on the door. "Come in...", said Techno, fixing his helmet. Tubbo entered, he wore his black armor with a green and red ribbon that hung from his bow. "(Y/n)... Techno... I'm ready...", he whispered before bowing. 

A smile graced my lips before I headed over to him, I carefully cupped his face and patted his cheek. "We want you to accept the following, Tubbo...", I said. Tubbo nodded before Techno walked over with Tommy's sword. I saw Tubbo begin to choke up as his shaky hands took the weapon. "Thank you...", he whispered, hugging the sword against his chest. We then made him swear an oath, one that was best for Ranboo's happiness, Tubbo would retreat to Veri if Techno or I fell during battle. "I swear it...", he said, before he placed his hand over his heart. We thanked him before we went towards the stables, it was best to save our energy until the battle so we would use horses to get to the battlefield. "You don't have your cape with you, Techno.", frowned Tubbo as we walked towards the gate. My husband smiled before explaining that he had given it to Ranboo as a gift, this made me grip the reigns to my horse a bit tighter. My mind became blank as I saw Philza and Kristen standing at the gates. "Come back to us...", whispered Kristen, hugging me tightly. My arms wrapped around her, there was no way I would break her already bleeding heart, as her last child, I swore to come back. 

Even if that means that I will have to kill my friends to make this true, Mother...

I hugged Philza before getting on my horse, we began to ride towards the location. The voices began to whisper and command me to look back. My eyes met with my son's lovely pair of eyes. He stood at the top of the gate wall, he gave me a small smile before he waved. I smiled before sending one of the ravens towards him, it carried a set of ribbons in between its talons, a gold one and a (f/c) one. My son immediately took them before tears fell from his eyes, they belonged to my husband and me, he had picked them for us when we had officially had become his parents. "PLEASE COME BACK SAFELY!", he shouted, hiding the ribbons into his chest. My smile became a small laugh as I shouted that we would. Techno and Tubbo also agreed before the horses began to gallop, our focus was now on the horizon where the sun would rise. 

The horses whinnied as we made it to the territory where Triox and Veri met. Technoblade looked at us and we nodded, there would be no soldiers from our side since we didn't want to lose innocent lives in a matter of Gods. We had ordered them to protect the ocean monument where all our people were hidden away for the chance that a surprise attack would happen in our absence. Tubbo began to dismount with me before we released our horses back towards the path we had taken, I sighed and began to prepare my bow. The precious gift that my friends had given me was now going to be used in a war against them. My mind focused back on Ranboo and how he would be next to be crowned, he needed to stay safe. "They're here...", whispered Tubbo. I looked in the direction Tubbo was looking in and saw my friends on the other side. Quackity was on a brown horse while Sapnap was on a black horse, the involvement of Las Nevadas was no surprise since Sapnap was practically raised in Triox, meaning he would die for that kingdom as well. In the middle was the figure of Dream, though all of us knew that the person on that horse was nothing but a vessel now and not really our friend.