Chapter 10: Fundy, Childe of Wibur

Art by @mermylaid on Twitter!

8 months later...

After the incident in Valtameri, Ranboo and I had less contact only having two days out of the month to fully spend together. Philza had convinced Techno of training the child instead of him since he was very brutal. I stood out on my balcony with my wings enjoying the last rays of the sun, my stubbornness and pride made me refuse to speak to Techno after the adoption process. If we had a conversation, it merely consisted of simple answers before I'd excuse myself or he'd leave.

I shook my head and sighed, reminding myself that Wilbur had a surprise to show me. He had moved back to the cabin after he also refused to accept Techno's excuse for the adoption. They had patched things up but Wilbur still stayed out of Veri. A familiar hello made me turn to see Wilbur land next to me; in his arms was a child. His hair was a lovely orange and his eyes were a beautiful shade of green. "Oh, Wilbur! He's beautiful!", I smiled. The child hid into his father's cloak before looking at me. "Hello, lovely. I'm your auntie.", I whispered, being careful not to scare the timid child. Wilbur chuckled as his son looked at me, revealing a pair of fox ears and a tail.

"Would you like to hold him?", grinned Wilbur. I nodded before reaching for him; the child looked at me before accepting my touch. "Wilbur, Sally and you have to come live here...", I cried, holding my nephew carefully. Sally had met Wilbur during my year of training away from home, she had stayed in her village while my family moved to Veri. We had met only twice, the first time was merely at a glance while I visited her village and once before her pregnancy.

Wilbur chuckled before sitting on the balcony. "Maybe when Fundy gets a tad older. Sally and he loved the cabin, I would have to run it by her when I get home.", smiled Wilbur, petting his child's hair. Fundy glowed as Wilbur continued; I decided to sit next to him so Fundy wouldn't be too frightened.

"Why didn't Sally accompany you?", I frowned. Wil explained that she wasn't doing too good; since Veri didn't have many forests like Triox and Solis, she would grow weaker. "Then, ignore my request to move here with your family... You should all stay where you best feel comfortable.", I said, petting Fundy's head with care. Wilbur relaxed and nodded before there was a knock on my door.

"Come in.", I said. The head maid came in and bowed. "Milady, dinner is ready... Shall I prepare two more places?", she asked, giving Wilbur and Fundy a warm smile. I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Please inform the King that I will be dining in my room tonight... Please bring two extra portions to my room.", I smiled. The Head maid nodded before excusing herself; I smiled as she closed the door. "You didn't have to eat here... We can go-", I stopped Wilbur. I held Wilbur's trembling hand before giving him a small smile. "You aren't the only anxious one.", I whispered. He glanced down and noticed that Fundy was gripping onto my dress, hiding.

I understood why Wilbur was in such a state, he missed his family and wouldn't hesitate to stay if they asked him to, especially Tommy. They had a bit of a wedge since Wilbur married Sally and left, needless to say, Tommy still loved his brother and missed him dearly. "Plus, it's always fun to eat and joke with you!", I grinned, trying to ease his worry. Wilbur sighed and ruffled my hair before getting down, we sat at the table in the corner and ate when the food was brought. We talked for a while before everything was done and removed.

"Ahhh! I love the food here!", grinned Wilbur, stretching his arm with a satisfied grin. I shushed him as I was putting Fundy to sleep; the child happily snuggled me. "Sorry...", whispered Wilbur. There was a knock at the door, this time I answered to be looked down by Techno. He looked rather upset but I was still rather upset; we glared for a bit before he noticed Fundy.

"Why is it that I always see you with a new child?", sighed Techno. I shushed him as Fundy was now fast asleep. "Technoblade! Hello!", grinned Wilbur, behind me. I glared at Wil and he froze as Fundy stirred. A sigh escaped my lips before I placed Fundy on my bed, covering him with the warm blanket. A quick barrier was placed around the bed to silence all noise so my nephew could sleep soundly. I slowly turned to look at the two men by my door, they were engrossed in a conversation.

"So what brings you here??", asked Wilbur. Techno explained that he wanted to make sure I wasn't sick. Wilbur nodded before he noticed me staring at them, he gave me a smirk and crawled into bed with his son. I sighed, my attention now on the King, I told him to sit while I asked for some tea. To my surprise, he did as he was told, a maid in the hallway came my way as I beckoned her over and asked for some tea. She nodded and quickly brought it to my room; I drank my tea and glared at Techno.

"When will you act like yourself again?", he asked, gracefully placing his cup on the table. I ignored him for a minute before I sighed. "That child is my responsibility... You had no right to do that behind my back... I'm thankful, he will have a solid future for himself but your tactics are cold.", I frowned. Technoblade sighed before looking outside, his teacup being lifted once again for him to take a sip and look at me. "I apologize... Yet, Ranboo will be crowned Prince of Veri in four months, (Y/n)...", he said, the cup was now empty and back on the table. My gaze fell upon my cup that was still full of the warm amber liquid, the fragrance was one of the Blood God's favorites. A pair of scarred hands took mine, making me look up at the God before me, he wore that cursed mask that I came to love at one point before he hurt me, for some reason, his voice was laced with hurt in a way and I couldn't put my finger on the reason why.

"Please understand this for a minute, I do the things I do to protect my family...", he said. A sigh left my lips before I nodded, Technoblade gave me a small smile before removing his hands from mine and carefully removing his mask. "It's been a while since I've seen you without that thing...", I mumbled. The God chuckled and gave a smile that he rarely showed anyone except us he considered his family. "It's been a while since I spent an evening without you glaring at me.", he smirked. A tinge of pain sparked in my heart at how he could be so different without a moment's notice. Everything melted away: the anger, the pain, and even the sense of betrayal.

My cold act was gone with Techno, all I could do was try to understand what he could possibly be going on in that head of his. He seemed to notice this and let out a soft laugh, my eyes widened at the sound. It was quite pleasant and I quietly wished to hear it more often. "What's on your mind?", hummed Techno. My eyes met with his before I blurted out what was on my mind. "I wanna hear you laugh more often.", I confessed. There was a silence that could be cut with a butter knife. "Heh?!", he exclaimed, slamming his hands on the table. A pink hue dusted his cheeks as he kept looking at me. "Is that a bad thing to confess?", I whispered, my face burning with embarrassment. Both of us refused to look at each other for a while before Wilburs voice cut the silence.

"Bloody hell! Bout time you two made peace!"

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*