Chapter 28: The Nether

My hand was intertwined with Techno's as we walked along the busy streets of Solis. It had been a while since the competition in Las Nevadas and now everything was at peace once again. "Let's go to the hot springs later?", asked Techno. I nodded before I looked around to enjoy the scenery of the kingdom. Laughter burst behind us as I turned to look at my family. Wilbur was giving Fundy a piggyback ride while Sally warned them to be careful since Wil still hadn't fully recovered from his injuries. Wilbur looked happy to be on the small vacation with everyone except our parents who had decided to stay in Veri to take care of the kingdom. My eyes moved to Tubbo and Ranboo who were being all lovey-dovey together as they looked at the shops while Tommy poked Fundy's cheeks. Wilbur noticed me staring before he grinned at me, I offered a small smile before Tommy ran towards me.

"Sis! Can we go crystal hunting?", asked Tommy. He had light armor on today and a red cape that made him match with my husband. He had been very busy with Wilbur, trying his best to help our brother with Fundy so that Wilbur didn't have to use so much energy. After noticing that everyone seemed worried about Wilbur's condition, we decided that it would be best to bring everyone on a short vacation to Solis. My attention went back to my little brother, whose eyes sparkled with excitement at his question. "Of course. We can go with the boys!", I smiled. Tommy frowned before he cleared his throat. "I'd like some brother-sister quality time. We haven't gone crystal hunting in so long...", frowned Tommy. The voices began their choir of 'Aww's and cute comments towards my brother, making my heart melt in the process. "Oh! Well then, let's go crystal hunting like when we lived in Alieus!", I grinned. Tommy cheered before hugging me, Wilbur and everyone else looked in our direction but didn't question Tommy's celebration. 

I heard a chuckle before looking at my husband, he had an amused smile on his face before asking if we would go after the hot spring or before. "I believe it's best now since the sun is still out.", I smiled. I fixed Tommy's hair, much to his despair before we headed towards the castle to collect out things and change clothes. "I haven't seen Tommy that excited since the time he went to see the ocean temple.", chuckled Techno, as he braided my hair.  I smiled before agreeing, the thoughts of my home back in the forest of Alieus came to mind. It had been so long since we last stepped foot in that forest but I couldn't really find the time to go back since becoming Queen. "(Y/n)?", whispered Techno. My attention was on my husband, who had finished braiding my hair and had even tied a golden ribbon at the end. "Oh! Thank you, my love!", I smiled. Techno offered me a gentle smile before I felt his hands cupping my face. "I wanted to surprise you a bit longer but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Forest of Alieus for our anniversary...", he said. My lips caught his before he responded back, once we parted, a laugh escaped me before I kissed him again. "Of course I want to go there! I love you so much!", I beamed. Techno hid me before whispering that he was glad to see me smile like that. 

I waved at my husband as he said he would join Wilbur at the shops while I went on my little quest with Tommy. "Big Sister!", grinned Tommy as he ran towards me. I chuckled before asking him if he was ready. "I reckon that I'm quite ready... Even Mother said I was fit to explore the unknown!", smiled Tommy. We decided to explore one of the biggest forests in Solis since we could probably collect new herbs or items. We were astonished to see so much life in the beautiful forest, I quickly took Tommy's hand and walked around with him. "I'm not a child anymore...", mumbled my little brother. I hummed, feigning ignorance, Tommy sighed before giving my hand a squeeze. "I said to be careful... You're the Queen of Veri, it would be bad if I took you back to Techno all bruised up.", huffed Tommy. A small giggle escaped me before I nodded, we collected tons of herbs and crystals before I looked over at Tommy. He was crouched with his cape covering his wings, the small rays of sunlight danced around his golden hair before I noticed the childlike smile. "Sister?", he asked. My hand had begun to ruffle his hair before I smiled. "It's been a while, my little apprentice.", I teased. Tommy sighed before he gave me a smile, he reminded me that he was now a knight, the Captain of the Knights of Veri. "Of course. I never said you weren't.", I chuckled.  As much as he wanted, Techno would never send him somewhere too dangerous even if he was the Captain.