Chapter 29: The Death of a God

Techno sighed as he fixed his cape to the side, my hand was holding his while Wilbur gushed about his wife and son to our new friends. "Should we save them?", chuckled Techno. I smiled before telling him that I would do the same, this made my husband blush and look to the side. We had informed our family to head back to Veri since our little stay in the Nether could add up to weeks in the Overworld. This resulted in Wilbur and Tommy staying with us to help eliminate the threat towards the Piglins. "Ah! Look! A fortress!", grinned Wilbur. We all looked in the direction that my brother had pointed in and to our disbelief, there stood a fortress. "My wife and I will scout the fortress, you two will scout the area.", said Techno, referring to the women. They nodded before heading out, a small smile appeared on my lips as I watched Wilbur, he looked at Techno with expectation. "What about me?", asked my brother. Techno looked at Wilbur for a minute before sending him back to the camp to inform the tribe of our discovery. "Also... Keep Tommy in check... I have the strangest feeling that he's causing trouble.", sighed Techno. Wilbur nodded before heading back, I could see that he was disappointed. "You don't have to treat him like a child, love. He can still fight and use magic... Don't overprotect Wilbur like that.", I whispered as Techno tied his hair up. My husband apologized before looking at me, he looked stressed and I knew why. "I've already told you that your vision gives you future outcomes that are less likely to happen.", I smiled, cupping his face. He nodded before asking if I was ready to head towards the fortress.

We began to fly up and surveyed the area but no skeletons appeared. I signaled at Techno to head towards the far west area while I went down into the structure. Remains of humans that explored the structure before us laid on the ground, armor and weapons still intact. "Geez...", I mumbled. A low groan made me flinch before pointing the sword Regnar let me borrow in the direction of the noise. The skeletons of the explorers rose and began to run towards me, I dodged and began to attack the creatures back. A low hissing noise bounced off the walls behind me, my eyes widened at the sight of a Wither Skeleton. It ran towards me while I fought the other skeletons. "Damn it!", I growled before destroying the skeletons and focusing on the wither one. It emitted black smoke and it almost looked like it had been painted with coal. "Well, you wanna dance or not?", I grinned. The creatures let out a high pitch screech before attacking. Its strength was overwhelming, even though its attacks were without a strategy, its raw power was enough to keep me down for a minute. I pushed the creature back before striking it down, it turned into black powder, leaving only a skull in its place. My hand quickly picked it up and waited to see if it would cause anything, to my surprise, my skin began to burn. "Guess these things can kill us.", I hummed, placing the skull on my belt. 

When I reunited with Techno and our group, Tommy was now there along with the tribe. "Well, the place was empty except for some goods.", I smiled, offering the bag to the Piglin. Regnar smiled before telling us to keep them since we did explore the structure ourselves. "The most Wither Skeletons in there were about five for me.", sighed Techno, lifting his belt up to show off his kills. Wilbur came over and asked me about my kills. "I only found three inside.", I smiled and showed him the skulls. He touched one and was surprised by his finger being burnt. "Yeah, the bones of these things really can wither you even if you're a God.", I smirked. Tommy excitedly began to ask if he could join us next time we scouted. "If Big Brother Techno allows it.", joked Wilbur. My husband sighed before promising to let them come next time we scouted. The boys cheered before Regnar declared a hunt, we all thanked him as we followed the tribe into a crimson forest. We stayed next to some trees with Regnar while his tribe began to hunt hoglins, Tommy looked at the taller male before asking why he didn't participate. "Brynhilda, my wife. She hunts as Leader. I, not allowed.", he smiled before petting Tommy's head. My younger brother nodded as he continued to watch the tribe hunt and bring down many hoglins with ease. Brynhilda and Beras grinned at us as they held up a huge Hoglin by its feet. "Guess we'll be eating well today.", grinned Wilbur. We nodded and began to help the tribe on the return to their home.