Chapter 20: Redemption

Art was a collab between @omuriceus on Tumblr and @Ruzhuu on Twitter!!

From that point on I saw the many things that Techno had to go through, from the discovery of my massacred village to going back to Veri, reborn as a God. His once brown hair had turned pink and his dark red eyes had lightened to become brighter, he kept the sword that belonged to my mother as well as the cape that I had used to cover him that night. I had deduced that my blessing that night had awoken his inner powers but also since I hadn't awakened as a Goddess back then, he had suffered some side effects from his awakening. Horrendous nightmares, as well as memory loss of most of his time before becoming a God, were part of those side effects. His father Mark, remained by his side yet never reminded Techno who he truly was. He only reminded my husband of his mother and how much she loved him before she was killed by her brother. Everything stopped revealing itself to me when the memory of our meeting appeared.

My eyes opened up to see Techno next to me, he looked tired and a bit unkempt as he slept. I placed my hand on his head and he stirred in his sleep, when his eyes met with mine, he hugged me. I frowned as he shook violently, I tried to calm him down but he stayed like that for a while. When Techno calmed down, he explained that I along with many others fell into a deep slumber. He had lost his mind along with Kristen as unfortunately, most of our family had also fallen into this state at the same time as me. "Have they woken up?", I frowned and sat up. Techno explained that they had woken up a few days before me. "I thought I lost you... All of you...", whispered Techno. My arms wrapped around him and I brought him close, his arms wrapped around my body before he joined me on the bed. "I apologize for scaring you.", I whispered. Techno shook his head as he kept me close, the memories I had seen flashed before my mind and I began to hide my husband. "I shall always remain by your side, my love.", I whispered as I played with his hair. A sigh escaped my lips as I noticed that Techno had fallen asleep next to me, I gently kissed his forehead and brought his head close to my chest. 

When my husband woke up, we went to the bathroom and we took a bath before heading to check on everyone. Philza was in bed with my mother fast asleep, she held my father's hand. "Techno and your mother haven't slept properly because of us so we should work hard to make it up to them.", joked Philza. I nodded and smiled as my husband reminded us that we had to take care of ourselves as well. I asked Philza about the gem I had seen before falling into that deep slumber. "I've never heard of that kind of crystal... I did have memories of the past when I was asleep.", frowned Philza. He looked at me to confirm this, I nodded but didn't confess anything about Techno's past. "We should gather with everyone who fell into this slumber and see what we can gather.", frowned Techno. He excused himself as he went to prepare for an emergency meeting. "Did you hear a strange voice before you fell asleep?", asked Philza. He looked worried, I sighed before I confessed that I did but I couldn't make out what it had said to me. "I see... I'll look into the gem you speak of in the morning...", he whispered. I nodded and excused myself so Philza could rest properly. 

I visited the children and found out that they also had weird dreams when they had been asleep. "I dreamt of a realm that was full of darkness... It was different but I felt like I belonged there, Mother.", frowned Ranboo as he hugged me. I kissed his head and reassured him that everything would clear out soon. Tommy frowned and sighed before he patted Ranboo and Tubbo's heads. Tubbo had nightmares of his past as well, he confessed that he had seen how some men had taken him away from his parents. "I knew Mother and Father were the ones that took me in but I do want to find my real parents...", frowned the child. I frowned before bringing all the children onto the bed, once Ranboo and Tubbo fell asleep, I tucked them in. "Sister...", frowned Tommy. I looked at the child and smiled before telling him to come to sit next to me. He did and looked at his tiny hands before his large blue eyes looked into mine.