Chapter 4: Veri, the Kingdom made of Blood

The attack on Triox reached the ears of the nation, leaving George exposed to criticisms from the people of other kingdoms. The death toll was zero thanks to the help of everyone. Philza pulled me to the side and questioned what had happened to me, which I reassured him that nothing besides helping with the rescue of civilians. Technoblade was thankfully very cooperative with backing my story up with Philza. "Father... Why didn't I see you?", I frowned. Philza sighed before explaining that no one could break the spell, he tried from the inside and Quackity from the outside yet the dome remained until it mysteriously broke.

Before I could tell Philza about the dark mage, we were all escorted to the King's room after getting cleaned up. Once I entered, I saw only familiar faces. "(Y/n)!", cried Karl, hugging me into a bone-crushing hug. Quackity pried Karl off and apologized as Philza laughed at our interactions. "Thank you for protecting him... I'm in your debt, (Y/n)...", whispered Quackity, hugging me. My arms wrapped around him and gave his back a few reassuring pats. "It's nothing, Quackity...", I whispered. Once we separated, Philza began talking with them.

My mind took note of other individuals in the room amongst us. In a corner stood Technoblade, dressed in casual yet elegant clothes and a sword on his hip. A few feet away from him stood two other men with crowns. Both were either younger or a tad older than Technoblade, one had green hair and gold armor on. The other had hazel-colored hair and dark glasses, he noticed me staring and smiled before politely waving at me. Being caught staring was quite embarrassing, my cheeks burned as I offered a small wave back at the King. He chuckled and patted the man next to him to look my way.

Both men walked over to me, I mentally prepared to apologize when the man with the glasses took my hand. "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier, my name is Eret. King of Solis, a kingdom located to the south of the nation.", he smiled. I introduced myself before he asked for my blessing, which I allowed since it was becoming a thing. The man next to him stepped up and also took my hand once Eret let go. "Greetings, Goddess. My name is Sam, King of Valtameri. My kingdom is to the west of the nation, I hope that one day you visit to show you around my kingdom.", he smiled. I thanked him before allowing him to receive a blessing from me. Both men chuckled at how carefree I was, I looked over at Technoblade. He stood there observing before he noticed me staring, I smiled and waved at him. It wasn't surprising for him to turn his head to the side and ignore me, it was something I figured out on our way back to the castle last night.

"That God isn't someone that you should socialize, Goddess.", frowned Eret. I frowned and asked both men to take that back. They looked shocked but nodded, after that, I told them to refer to me as (Y/n). "Why shouldn't I interact with him... Technoblade isn't a bad guy...", I defended. Sam gave me a small smile before apologizing on both Eret and his behalf. "You see, (Y/N)... That man created his kingdom with fear and blood of innocents... I recognize his power as a God but I can't accept him as a King... We are chosen by the people, he oppressed his people to accept his rule in Veri...", explained Sam. Before the conversation continued, Sapnap and Dream entered the room. George entered after them, bowing to us and smiling at the other Kings.

"Thank you all for your help with last night's events... I apologize in advance for what has happened, I should have tightened security around the Kingdom.", frowned George. Philza came over and patted the boy's shoulder, offering a gentle smile. "No one was killed except for the bandits and mages... All your people are okay.", reassured Philza. Karl and Quackity voiced their agreement, I nodded as George looked my way. The boy looked relieved and that made me smile, it must have been very hard for him since he was still a child trying to look out for a whole kingdom. "George, I have sent for troops to protect your borders.", smiled Eret. George looked surprised and I wanted to question why but was too shy to ask. A shadow grew next to me and I noticed that Technoblade stood by my side. "His army is the best for protecting borders... It's natural for him to send his army since he is the shield of this nation...", whispered Technoblade. I thanked him quietly as Sam stepped up to reassure George that his best Alchemists would serve under Sapnaps guidance.

The Kings were very supportive of the young King, all eyes unintentionally went to Technoblade. They looked at him, waiting to see what he would offer the boy. "I offer my services...", smirked Technoblade. The visible annoyance showed on both Kings as Techno said this, George on the other hand stood from his seat. "I am grateful, Technoblade!", grinned George. The Blood God snapped his fingers and the doors opened, many servants came in with chests. Once the chests were placed down, the servants left. George walked over and looked at the man beside me. "May I?", he asked politely. Technoblade gave his approval, I looked up at him to see he had quite the smug look on his face. "This is divine...", whispered George. My eyes landed on the armor sets inside the first chest, diamond armor that glistened with the power of enchantments. The King went to the next chest to reveal diamond swords of the best quality, all enchanted as well.

George bowed to Techno while the other Kings followed suit. The Blood God nodded before leaving the room, Philza chuckled and told everyone that everything seemed to have been handled. I snuck out after Techno as everyone talked, there was something that needed to be asked. "Don't follow me...", growled Techno, sword on my neck. A hum was all I could muster, the cold blade against my skin was enough to make others cower in fear but all it did was paint a smirk on my lips. "You can kill me if you want.", I teased. Technoblade clicked his tongue before lowering his weapon and putting it back on his hip. "What do you want? Didn't you hear what those guys warned you about?", he sighed. My eyes met with his for a moment before an idea plagued my mind, he seemed to take note of it before it escaped my lips.

"Actually, I have a favor to ask of you... I want you to train me, Technoblade..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*

Art by @ratparty_ on Twitter!