Chapter 24: Somber Presage

Art by @blaze_art_ on Twitter!!!

My eyes fluttered open as I hummed, a smile spread across my lips as I watched my beloved Blood God sleep soundly next to me. My fingers carefully traced the marks I had left on him from last night, the images from that made me blush. "I can't believe he can make those expressions as well.", I muttered to myself. A satisfied smile spread as my husband stirred in his sleep, I carefully caressed his cheek, he brought me close and he ended up with his head on my chest. I allowed him to sleep as he continued to keep me close.

After a while, it was time to get up for breakfast so carefully I began to wake my husband. My hands played with his hair as I hummed softly, his eyes slowly opened before he looked at me. Some strands of hair were in his face so I moved them away before offering a smile. "Mornin.", he said, his voice was covered in sleep but he had a small smile on his lips. I began to shower him in small kisses before he sat up with me, I laughed as he did the same with me. "How did I end up with such a mischievous Goddess like you?", he questioned before he hugged me. I kissed his temple before telling him that it was just fate bringing us together again.

After a shower, we changed into something comfortable and headed to the rooms to collect everyone for breakfast. We all cheered as we saw Philza and Kristen waiting for us at the dining room, we all took turns hugging them before we sat around for breakfast. "Have you decided on the champions for Veri yet, Techno?", smiled Kristen. My husband nodded and the kids all looked excited, my eyes wandered off and met with Wilburs. My brother had a giant smirk on his face before he mouthed the words 'Naughty Gods' and pointed towards his neck. I questioned it for a bit before I looked over at my husband, he had a visible mark on his jaw and neck. I looked away before I spat the juice I was drinking, it couldn't be helped as I coughed and laughed. Techno and my parents looked at me with surprise before they questioned if I was okay. "I'm sorry. Wilbur is being an arse.", I smiled after cleaning myself. Wilbur raised his hands before my parents scolded him, we all began to head towards the conference room with Techno after breakfast. "Why do I get scolded?", asked Wilbur, crossing his arms as he walked next to me. I smirked and poked his cheek before telling him that he's always been a trouble maker. "Remember that one time when we were children and you ate sand?", I grinned. This only made my brother begin his sermon on why we should try it as well.

We arrived at the hall where Techno suggested that my parents and the kids head to the coliseum to get seats while he waited with us for the other Kings. I waved as Philza and Kristen walked towards the coliseum with the kids. "Did my sister convince you of letting her participate?", smirked Wilbur. Techno sighed before telling him that it was none of his business. I smirked at my brother as he frowned, before Wilbur could say anything we were all tackled by Dream, Sapnap, and George. We all talked for a bit before the other Kings arrived, we greeted them as they came together to ask how everything was. "Damn it...", growled Dream as he held his head. I frowned and asked him if he was okay, he reassured me that everything was fine but his eyes screamed something else.

Sapnap frowned and asked Dream if he wanted to sit down. George also looked worried before Dream reassured them that he was fine. They headed for a bench while Wilbur and I turned to see the Kings start to gather. Technoblade and the others began to walk towards the room that allowed them the privacy they needed to select their champions. We waved as Techno turned to look at us, a small smile graced his lips before the doors closed. After a while, a screen lit up in the main hall displaying the names of each kingdom's champions.