Chapter 3: The Fifth God

Art by @Ruintlonewolf on Twitter!

Dream kissed my hand and began to show me around the castle. "Thank you for coming to the celebration.", smiled Dream. A simple nod was all I could muster, there was something wrong and it was very clear to me. "Dream... You should go to the King...", I whispered. Dream looked at me for a moment before he frowned. "Is something the matter?", he asked.

My explanation made Dream grow anxious, it wasn't like I intended to worry him but I wanted let someone know. Before we could analyze my feeling, there were multiple explosions around the castle's grounds and the city. Dream covered me while an explosion hit close by, the screams of the people outside echoed in my ears. Dream looked conflicted as he was torn between saving the people or going to George.

I grabbed the Hunters shoulders and gave him a reassuring grin. "Go to the King, I'll handle things out here.", I smiled. Dream relaxed and thanked me before running into the castle; my eyes widened as darkness completely swallowed the building before me. From the looks of it, my mind determined it was a spell to trap those inside.

Father will be fine...

Without hesitation, I flew down into the courtyard and started attack bandits. "GET TO SAFETY!", I ordered. Many of the guards started guiding the nobles and citizens to safety. An attack hit the ground next to me, I looked up to see multiple dark mages. My familiars were summoned and began taking them down. A flash of purple caught my attention, my eyes landed on a familiar God who was on top of a church roof, killing dark mages.

"Karl!", I shouted, taking down a bandit that had snuck upon him. The God looked at me for a minute, he looked very confused. "Do I know you?", he asked. The confusion of Karl not recognizing me was all that invaded my mind, we had met only hours ago, it was impossible for him to just forget me. "I'm (Y/n), daughter of Philza.", I introduced myself. He relaxed and explained that he had lost his lovers while they sat on the castle walls. "Th-They told me to wait for them when the explosions happened but... the people were being massacred...", he whispered.

After reassuring the God, I asked him to accompany me. He took my hand and we flew around helping the citizens, we landed next to some injured soldiers. "I'll heal them.", I whispered. Karl nodded as he stood guard; my thoughts were going at a million. Father hadn't appeared and the castle was still under the spell, the soldiers thanked me as they started to head to the castle. I turned back but Karl was no longer there, without a second thought I found myself shouting his name in the maze of the city.

ɦɛʟʟօ ƈɦɨʟɖɛ օʄ քɦɨʟʐǟ

My body turned to be faced with a dark mage, his eyes were black like voids. All that I could do was stare as he looked me up and down. "What do you want from me?", I growled, preparing for any attack. The mage let out a laugh that sent shivers down my spine, my feathers all tingled as he stopped. This man was dangerous and all my instincts screamed at me to run. It was like time had stopped and my body refused to move as he started to walk closer. "Wheres Karl?? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?", I shouted. A dagger was in the mage's hand as he approached me, I dodged as he aimed for my neck. I rolled into a wall and hissed at the pain, my eyes landed on a familiar chocolate-colored hair, it was Karl. My mouth went dry as he was smashed into an alley wall, his flower crown was on the ground next to him while blood was splattered everywhere.

ȶɦǟȶ ʍɛʍօʀʏ ɢօɖ աǟֆ ɮɛɨռɢ ǟ ռʊɨֆǟռƈɛ ֆօ ɨ ȶօօӄ ƈǟʀɛ օʄ ɦɨʍ

My blood was boiling, this man had harmed someone that I considered my friend. Even though Karl didn't recollect any memories of us when we met, I had already considered him my friend who needed my help. I called upon my familiars while I crawled over to Karl, carefully removing him from the wall and laying him on the ground. His injuries were horrible but nothing I couldn't fix, without a second to spare I began to heal him. As my head turned to see how my familiars were doing, shock crawled its way into my brain, the mage was at the alley entrance. I looked at my forearms but my familiars were not there, my connection with them had been snapped. "(Y/n)?", whispered Karl. A sigh of relief escaped me as he was looking better, the mage began to walk towards us. "Karl... You need to run... NOW.", I shouted, tackling the mage down.

The sound of Karls footsteps brought peace to my mind, it didn't matter if the mage was after me. All I wanted was to know Karl would be safe and far away from this man, I looked down to see the man smirking.

ʏօʊ ֆǟƈʀɨʄɨƈɛ ʏօʊʀֆɛʟʄ ʄօʀ ȶɦǟȶ ɮօʏ? ɨ ɦօքɛ ʏօʊ ɖօռ'ȶ ʀɛɢʀɛȶ ȶɦɨֆ, ƈɦɨʟɖɛ օʄ քɦɨʟʐǟ...

"What are you babbling about, bastard?", I growled. The binding spell on his body was enough to keep him down regardless of the strength he possessed. The mage started laughing maniacally, this caught me off guard. A sudden burst of energy projected me into the wall of the alley, the taste of metal was all over my mouth as I felt my organs being afflicted from the aftershock. My vision was blurry but I saw that mage start to dust himself off, he gripped my neck and pulled me out of the crevasse of the wall. Lifting me high above him, his eyes examined me like a jeweler examining a rock to determine its worth.

ʏɛֆ... ʏօʊ ǟʀɛ օʄ ʊֆɛ ȶօ ʍɛ...

My laugh echoed in that alleyway before I started coughing blood, this mage thought that I would allow him to use me as he pleased and not rebel. "I am not your toy, bastard.", I growled, stabbing my middle and index finger into his forehead. The sickening crack of his skull and the disgusting sensation of blood and brain was enough to make me puke, yet I continued until my senses told me to stop. "MORTEN REJICIO!", I screamed. My wings spread before the man exploded into nothing, my body slammed into the wall. The alleyway was a massacre scene, blood and pieces of human were the only things painting the walls now. My gaze looked over to where the man was before he followed me into the alley, there on the ground were my familiars. My wolf whined softly before dragging itself to my side while the crows laid there, I focused on stopping the internal bleeding before healing my familiars.

"That guy was so noisy that I come to save you, yet you handled everything by yourself.", sighed a deep voice. I looked up to see a King, his long pink hair was braided to one side while his face was covered by a skull mask. He also was covered in blood, yet he didn't seem to be fazed by that. "Thanks but yeah, I handled it.", I smiled. The man hummed before squatting down to my level, he reached into his cloak and pulled out a small vial. "Drink this... You used all your magic helping around, tiny Goddess.", he sighed. The sweet liquid reminded me of a fruit Wilbur had brought to us on his many adventures. The pink and green fruit was called watermelon yet we never saw it in our forest due that it only grew in the Kingdom of the South.

My energy boosted and I thanked the King. My familiars returned to my forearms as the strange man stared at me, I met his gaze under the mask and offered him a friendly smile. "That mage that you fought gave you quite the beating...", he said, offering me a handkerchief. After wiping my face, I explained that I wasn't good at combat, to begin with. "He probably thought I was an easy target...", I mumbled, fixing my broken fingers. Philza would definitely scold me if he knew that I learned Death magic with Kristen. It wasn't that Philza didn't allow it, he just didn't like that I use it at all. "So, you're a King... What is your name, your Majesty?", I asked. The man let out a chuckle before introducing himself as Technoblade, the King of Veri. From what Wilbur had told me, Veri was a frozen wasteland yet this man had constructed a Kingdom from the ground up. My body bumped into his back before he turned to face me completely, my curious eyes looked up to meet bright red ones.

"Also, I think you should know that I am a God... The Blood God, if we're being precise..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*

Art by @Catfus_arts_ on Twitter!