Chapter 40: Day of Salvation

In the Kingdom of Veri, there was never-ending winter. The beautiful warm days had disappeared without a trace especially after King Technoblade and Queen (Y/n) had left.

Ranboo looked out his window, being King was not easy, many memories began to plaster themselves outside. Snow fights with his friends, building snowmen with his Mother, and long walks with his Father. "Daddy!", giggled a voice next to him. The voice broke the trance he was in, his eyes met with the small child next to him. His son, the next heir of Veri, was a very shy but bright child that often reminded him of why he had to continue being strong. After Beras died in the war along with her family, she had left a child all alone in the world until Ranboo and Tubbo decided to adopt him as their own. "Hello, Michael.", smiled Ranboo, picking up his son and hiding him. The child smiled brightly and hugged the King, making his heart ease with the sudden jester. "Where's Dad?", asked Michael. Ranboo gave the child a small explanation about where he would be and when he would come back.

"Go play then. Dad wouldn't like to see us so down.", grinned Ranboo. Michael nodded before he headed for the door. The child politely closed the door after his father gave him a small wave, today was a busy day. There would be guests to his understanding, people he had not met yet because they were always busy. Michael quickly collected his chicken plush, that he had placed by the door, and ran around the halls. The maids and people that worked in the castle giggled and politely greeted him. "The King and Queen would have loved you dearly, Master Michael.", smiled Mark. To Michael, the King and Queen were his parents, he had never met anyone before them. "My parents love me already.", frowned the child. The butler offered the child a warm smile before nodding. "That's correct, Young Master. I meant the former King and Queen... The Blood God, Technoblade and our Queen, (Y/n).", smiled the man. Michael had never heard of those names, his parents never talked about the former King or Queen. "Where are they now?", asked Michael, tilting his head at his butler. The man chuckled and offered the child his hand, which Michael happily took.

"Our current King and Queen were raised by the former majesties. His Majesty Technoblade was the only son of her Majesty Sora. Our Lady (Y/n) is the daughter of Lord Philza and Lady Kristen.", began the man as they sat down. Thus, Michael learned of his grandparents and heroes of the world. "Why didn't I know sooner.", sniffed the child after the story was done. The butler wiped the tears running down his face and patted his head. "I believe that it's a great wound that no one has recovered from... They were Gods that no one will forget no matter how long time passes by.", smiled the man. Michael really wished he could have met his grandparents but now there was no way he could.

"Young Master, if you go play in the eastern hall, you might find a portrait of the former majesties.", winked the butler before going back to his daily chores. Michael had been prohibited from playing there since his parents worried about him getting lost yet curiosity makes children wander into the most prohibited of places.

In the eastern hall, the child saw that it was nothing but magnificent. There were plenty of gold ornaments around the castle but it was the first he had seen so many in one hall. After Mark's story, the child knew that this hall belonged to his grandparents when they lived in Veri. "Wow...", he breathed. He began to happily show his chicken friend all of them. "My my, what a lovely child.", giggled a voice. Michael quickly turned to see no one, he began to worry before a glimmer caught his eye down the hall. He quickly ran to see a covered portrait, without a moment's thought, he pulled the cover down to reveal a portrait of the former King and Queen. He knew it had to be them because between them was his Daddy. "Daddy!", grinned Michael, carefully tracing the painting. There was a soft chuckle before a hand patted his head.

"He was quite a cry baby back then.", said a deeper voice than before. Michael looked up to see bright red orbs looking into his. He stood mesmerized looking at the man before him, without explanation, Michael hugged the man. Tears began to spill the longer he held onto the man before him. Michael felt a longing he had never felt before and the child couldn't understand why. "Our grandson really loves you.", giggled a voice behind him. A beautiful woman with the longest (h/c) hair came into view, her warm (e/c) eyes looked at Michael before she smiled. "Sorry, my Queen. I should have let him meet you first.", chuckled the man. He leaned down to kiss the woman's head before turning his attention back at the child. "Please forgive us if we startled you, little one.", smiled the woman as she knelt to Michaels level.