Chapter 6: A trip to Valtameri

Art by @keebruhelf on Twitter!

One year later...

The door to my room opened and closed, I could hear two little gremlins whispering to each other before I was attacked. The laughter of Tubbo and Tommy resonated in my room as they jumped on top of me, making me groan in pain. "Wake up!", laughed Tommy. Tubbo repeating after him; after a year of living in Veri, my family decided to move into the castle. Philza had become Techno's right-hand man during my year of training and had become very good friends. When Kristen arrived, she now had Tommy and Tubbo. She had explained that they found him in the outskirts of the forest alone and decided to adopt him. He was only four but he was a fierce little gremlin that even challenged Wilbur. I sat up; scooping both children and giving them a good morning kiss on the head. "It's too early, gremlins...", I whispered. I walked over to my door before placing them outside my room and locking my door.

I sat on my bed and moved the blankets to reveal Ranboo, I was glad that the children hadn't smashed him during their attack. His bed was in the same room but on occasions, he would crawl into my bed and snuggle me. It wasn't new to me, he was a child and he did look up to me as his guardian. His black and white hair shone as the weak sunlight entered the room, it was surprising to see how he really looked after a bath. My hand gently massaged the cheek of the sleeping child. "Ranboo... Time to wake up, love.", I whispered. He stirred before sitting up and yawing; he gave me a sleepy smile before stretching. "Let's get you all cleaned up and ready... We'll be spending this week with the King.", I whispered. Ranboo nodded sleepily before allowing me to clean his face with a soaked cloth. His sensitivity to water had lightened after giving him baths with magic. Technoblade had also helped with his fear for water, they would occasionally go to a frozen part of the ocean, a few miles from the castle to fish.

"Will the King be okay with me?", asked Ranboo, striping me away from my thoughts. I chuckled and kissed his head. "Of course, he doesn't mind you.", I grinned. After Ranboo got changed, he headed for the door so I could change; much to his misfortune, he was dragged away by Tommy and Tubbo. "Don't be so rough with him, Tommy!", I frowned, running to the door. Tommy laughed and promised he wouldn't, slowing down. A smile appeared on my lips before closing the door, I looked upon the clothes I had been gifted, deciding on a red winter dress and a white cloak with fur trim. Technoblade had been very strict at the beginning yet he had developed a soft spot for me and Ranboo, going as far as asking us to join him on a trip to Valtameri.

Once I put my boots on along with my sword on my hip, I walked out and headed to the dining hall to join the others. I smiled and greeted the maids and servants on my way there. "Master Ranboo is already seated, Milady.", smiled the butler. Thanking him, I entered to be greeted by everyone, I took my seat next to Wilbur as he scolded the children for running around. "Did you sleep well?", smiled Kristen, feeding Tubbo. I nodded and asked her about her stay, which she couldn't be happier. News of Philza and her living in Veri spread like wildfire, making this kingdom more fearful to the others. The people of the kingdom, couldn't be happier or more grateful to have them there. With their help, the farmlands doubled since my arrival.

I ate and made sure Ranboo ate properly since his stomach was still getting used to receiving food. We watched as Tommy kept pestering Technoblade with question after question until Philza moved him. I muffled a laugh at how annoyed the King looked while Ranboo giggled and offered me a strawberry, which I happily ate. After breakfast, I said my farewells to the family. "Me too!!!", sobbed Tubbo. I felt bad but at the same time, I couldn't afford to have a three-year-old attached to my side. I calmed him before Tommy poked his head and grinned. "Mother said you can go next time! (Y/n) needs to travel so she can bring you toys!", he announced. Tubbo pouted and ignored Tommy, still keeping a hold on me. "Come on, big man! Let's go play until (Y/n) comes back!", smiled Tommy. He gently took Tubbo and carried him; I smiled at their brotherly relationship.

"Thank you, Toms. Bye-bye, Tubbo. I promise I'll be back soon and we can all play in the snow together.", I whispered and kissed both their heads. I walked out to see Technoblade carrying Ranboo. "Is something the matter?", I frowned. Techno shook his head before handing me the boy. I carried Ranboo to the carriage and hummed as Techno entered as well. "This will be a long trip, I believe it would be easier to establish an alliance with Valtameri if I had someone that the King didn't believe was corrupted.", sighed Techno. I nodded, I knew what he meant by this. The conversation I had with the two kings came rushing back as Techno said that. A small hand gently pulled on mine, shifting my gaze to Ranboo, I chuckled at how amazed he was at the snow collecting outside.

"Sire?", asked Ranboo. Techno hummed before looking his way with a smile, they were on very good terms so it wouldn't surprise me if Ranboo referred to the King by his name one day. "Will the Kingdom of Valtameri be white and cold?", asked Ranboo, sitting down properly. Techno chuckled before explaining how different the weather was in Valtameri before telling him stories on his trips to the Kingdom. Ranboo listened before laying his head on my lap; I played with his hair as he laid there. Once Techno finished his story, the child was fast asleep. This only made both me and the king chuckle. "Fast asleep...", smirked Techno. I nodded and covered Ranboo with my cloak. I couldn't admit that I was fascinated with Technoblades story as Ranboo was that I hadn't notice the sleeping child at first. "Still surprises me that you are the daughter of Philza, where did he have you hidden?", he asked. I chuckled before explaining that I wasn't really his child, he looked confused. "You see... I lived in a village in the Forest of Alieus, there I met Philza and Kristen, from there I just became their apprentice...", I whispered. Techno nodded before asking about my village; I felt my mouth go dry but found no use of hiding what happened.

"They were all massacred... Someone or something massacred my entire village... I want to get revenge for them all...", I growled, anger lacing every word. I calmed myself and sighed, knowing well that my anger would not change anything from the past. I could hear the metallic click of a clasp and looked up to see Techno looking at me with his red orbs. This was the first time he didn't wear his mask around me. My breath hitched as he smiled; it was stunning. His aura was red and my senses screamed "RUN", yet I returned the smile. "What if the thing that killed them was superior to you?", he asked. This was something I hadn't thought about too much when he pointed that out, it made me feel foolish. "I suppose that i would stand no chance against it...", I admitted. Technoblade chuckled and reached over to take my hand, kissing it.

"Then let me offer you my aid when the time draws near..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*