Chapter 8: Valtameri, the Kingdom by the Sea

When we arrived, Sam stood there at the gate, waiting for us. "(Y/n)! It's been so long!", he laughed, hugging me. We had exchanged letters throughout the year so it wasn't surprising to me that he was so friendly. A heavy feeling burned on my back, I turned to see Technoblade glaring while holding Ranboo.  "Sam, you remember Technoblade.", I smiled. Sam walked over and shook his hand, offering a friendly smile. He then looked at Ranboo, who hid into Technos chest. "Looks like he doesn't like you.", smirked Techno. Sam looked calm but I felt a sudden tension that must have been the reason why Ranboo hid.

"Ranboo, this is Sam! Remember, he's my friend who sent you that toy!", I beamed as I took the child from Techno. Ranboo looked curiously at Sam before waving. "Hello.", he whispered. Sam chuckled and placed his hand gently on the child's head. "It's an honor to meet you, Ranboo.", said Sam. We all headed inside the castle, it was filled with different inventions that surprised us. "Red stone... It's very useful.", grinned Sam. He was one of the few that was able to use the magic of the mysterious stone to its full potential. Ranboo looked at the stone before reaching for it, the King chuckled and offered it to him.

"Let's see...", whispered Sam. The stone was a dark red but as soon as it landed in Ranboos hands, it glowed bright red. "Pretty!", grinned the child. Technoblade hummed next to us and took the stone, it glowed but with less brightness. "You have a tiny God that can use Red stone and of course, The Blood God would be able to use red stone if he wishes.", said Sam. Techno gave the rock back to Ranboo before asking for our rooms. "This way.", said Sam, leading the way. My elbow met with Technos ribs as he glared at Sam. "What?", he growled. I sighed before letting Ranboo down to follow Sam. "Sire, must I remind you that we're here to establish a trading route...", I sighed.

The Blood God scoffed before going after Ranboo and Sam; ignoring what I had just said. Sometimes it felt that the God could be a pain when he didn't wish to cooperate. Soon, I was by his side as Sam showed us to the rooms; Ranboo was jumping on the huge bed happily. "You should all rest and we'll talk some more during dinner.", chuckled Sam, helping Ranboo off the bed. We thanked him before Technoblade turned to me. "Rest... I'll take Ranboo.", he mumbled. I thanked him and sighed as they left me sitting on the bed.

After we rested and were refreshed, we went down to have dinner and met Ponk, Sams's right-hand man. They both were very friendly and made us feel comfortable. "Wine, Technoblade?", asked Sam, offering a cup. I couldn't hide my smirk as Techno said he would prefer something else. Ponk nodded and brought him a flavored drink while I accepted Sams offer. As I drank, I noticed Ranboo nodding off, I softly patted Techno, who brought the child into his lap and patted his back. "You two really are amazing parents.", grinned Ponk. A coughing fit was all I could muster after Ponk said that, Technoblade on the other hand explained that Ranboo wasn't our child. "I wouldn't have guessed! You two take such good care of him! He really expresses himself so well and is so polite.", complimented Ponk. Sam noticed how embarrassed I was and asked Ponk to check on dessert; I cleared my throat and thanked him. "I know you wished to speak tomorrow about business but Techno and I would really appreciate it if we speak about the trade route for gold. It's very important to our kingdom right now, Sam.", I said, looking at the king.

Sam chuckled and nodded, escorting us to his private office. He ordered the maids to bring tea and sweets; I looked over at Ranboo who was fast asleep in Technos arms. "Should we leave him in his room?", mumbled Techno. The memories of Ranboo crying uncontrollably when he was left alone were too heartbreaking. "No... He's gotten better but I rather not lose the progress we've made on his mental state. Plus he's not a bother, is he?", I frowned. Techno shook his head, his arms hiding the child away protectively. "Please take a seat.", smiled Sam. We did as soon as he had said it, he looked a bit more serious. We began talking about the possible goods that could be traded for gold. Valtamari was known for its staple ores which were gold and Redstone, both of which were useful but hard to find in our mines back home.

"I can settle for 3 bags full of Ender Pearls for 64 blocks of gold. Only because (Y/n) is a friend, I usually would ask for at least 5 bags full.", sighed Sam. Techno nodded and told him that the trade sounded quite fair. "Sam... On a personal favor, I'd like to ask for something else.", I smiled. Technoblade and Sam both turned to look at me. "Of course...", chuckled the King. There was an ambitious project that had been on my mind from something Ranboo had discovered on his many trips to the frozen ocean with Techno.

"A conduit?", asked Sam. He hummed before a playful smile graced his lips. "You need a Heart of the Sea.", he mused. Sam looked at Ponk, who had joined us during our discussion, asking if he could fetch one from their chests. "On it! One Heart of the Sea for our Goddess!", declared Ponk, running out. I laughed while Techno looked annoyed at the duo. Ponk didn't take long and soon came back with a small chest; Sam nodded and Ponk left it in front of me. I carefully opened the chest to reveal six blue orbs. "This is too much!", I exclaimed. Ponk chuckled before he sat next to Sam. "We can add to the trade! You have a staple on potatoes, I'd like some! Three or four boxes, please.", smiled Ponk. Techno agreed and we added that to the agreement, my body relaxed as the paper was signed and sealed. The Kingdom of Veri and the Kingdom of Valtameri were now on the terms that would consider us allies.

I sighed as we said our goodnight and headed to our rooms, Ranboo kept his grip on Technoblade as he slept. "I'll take him...", I whispered, carefully prying the child from the Blood God. Techno held my hand, stopping me from taking the child. "Is something the matter?", I frowned, worried something happened. Techno said nothing before dragging me inside the room, I was perplexed on why I was dragged along with the God. He sat down and patted the place next to him, trying not to anger the God, I took a seat. "There's something we need to discuss tomorrow, (Y/n).", he whispered. My thoughts started going blank, I couldn't remember anything that needed to be discussed between us. "Of course... Is there anything else that you need, Techno?", I asked. The Blood God stood and handed me Ranboo, who sleepily snuggled my shoulder, wrapping his tiny arms around my neck.

"Id like to request the song that you sang that night..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*

SBI, MY BELOVED! ❤️