Chapter 25: Change of Pace

Art by @Lysstyx on Twitter!

My breath was gone as I saw Dream lift his ax to kill Wilbur. This tournament was for fun, yet Dream showed no signs of stopping.

No King will interfere in these battles...

My hands found themselves at Techno's waist before I took his sword, without a second thought or consideration for my safety, I dove towards my brother. My wings expanded as I landed between the men, a mere whisper invaded my ears, it was Wilbur speaking my name. Sparks flew as the ax made contact with the sword, my eyes reflecting into the shiny black metal. With all my strength, I pushed the taller man away from my brother and me. "This is a surprise...", said Dream. My parents, Schlatt, and I had entered the arena at the same time to stop the man. Kristen's bow was aimed at Dreams head while Philzas sword was on his neck, I helped Wilbur up and noticed that Schlatt had detained Dream with chains that were coming from the ground. The magic that stopped the flow of our powers had broken which allowed Schlatt to use his powers.

The God sighed and looked ready to rip Dream apart as the crowd whispered and muttered from their seats. "Schlatt... continue the fight as if nothing is wrong...", I muttered as I glared at Dream. Schlatt looked at all of us before we nodded, he released Dream and went back to his tower while Philza walked over to take Wilbur. His injuries were far too great for my magic. One of his wings was completely drenched in his blood while the other was barely hanging from the mere force that had struck it earlier. "WHAT A TOUCHING FAMILY MOMENT FOR THE MERCILESS ONE! REMEMBER DOWN THERE, ONLY ONE COMPETITOR IS ALLOWED TO TAKE THAT MANS PLACE!", announced Schlatt before activating the magic circle once more. I took a new stance as Philza carried Wilbur, Kristen whispered words of encouragement as I handed her my potion of regeneration, she quickly began running after Philza.

My memories of the training Techno had given me flashed in my mind, I remained as calm as possible, trying not to show my true emotions. I wanted nothing more than to rip Dream into pieces but that mindset ceased, he was my friend yet that didn't mean I wouldn't give him a proper beating. "I will make sure you remember what you did to my brother...", I smiled at Dream. The Hunter moved his mask completely out of his way and smirked; his hand raised as he gestured me to come to fight him. In an instant I rushed at Dream, catching him off guard as I broke his mask. The adrenaline running in my veins was enough to blind me yet I folded my wings and jumped back as the mask hit the ground. Dream's eyes were wide from the shock, I had never shown him what I was capable of in battle. I could see something change in the man's eyes as he looked at the broken mask, he smirked before he started to laugh. Chills crawled slowly down my spine while every feather in my wings stiffened.

"BEAT HIM TO PULP, (Y/N)!!!!", shouted Tommy. His voice snapped me from the sudden fear that had overtaken my body, quickly lifting my free hand with a thumbs up, I allowed Tommy to know that his words had reached my ears. It would have been wise to make my wings disappear but that made me feel like I had an advantage over Wilbur.

I will fight here with my wings... Wilbur could do it... I shouldn't take the easy way out either...

There was a sudden pause in time, it felt odd as I snapped out of it. In a blink of an eye, Dream was before me and his ax was only inches from my neck, a knot formed in my throat as I dodged the attack and threw myself back. (H/c) hair flew over me, the sight was out of place to me yet it was more reassuring than my blood spraying the coliseum walls. The Hunter's eyes were wide as he looked down at me, my hands touched the ground behind me and my foot met with Dreams chin. My footing was quickly found once I landed, yet Dream was equally as fast. He attacked without a break and I found myself mostly blocking the man's attacks and snapping out of slow trances. My knuckles around the swords hilt were white in anticipation to strike the man down. The mere force that he used was frightening enough, but the bloodlust in his eyes was something completely bizarre. I pushed Dream away as he clashed weapons with me. His smirk never leaving his lips as he looked down at me, he chuckled as I took another stance.

"Ladies and Gents! This fight is as intense as the sun!!! LOOK AT THESE TWO GO!!!! WHICH KINGDOM HOUND WILL FALL?!", shouted Schlatt. Minx was now next to him, she had surrounded the colliseum walls in vines, she looked worried as we continued the fight. The shouts of the crowd were ringing as Dream once again rushed to attack me, this time using my sword and his brute strength, his ax found itself wounding the earth next to me. "It's my turn, Dream.", I whispered. My sword quickly tore into his flesh next to the wound Wilbur had inflicted from his battle, Dream growled as he swing his elbow in my general direction. His fist connected with my ribs and the sickening crack of the bones told us both that he had caused a lot of damage. I quickly jumped back and calmed myself, the pain was bearable and wouldn't bother me as long as I kept my focus on Dream. A sudden weight fell upon my shoulders, the feeling of Technoblades intense stare was enough to drop you to your knees. The question was whether it was of disapproval or worry, not that it would make a difference in my fight.

Dream managed to pull his weapon from the ground and rolled away, giving us distance. The large wounds on his back were going to slow him down for a bit yet I was surprised as he ran towards me, ax raised in my direction. I smirked as I saw his fist balled up, I waited before the sand from his hand came in my direction. His plan backfired as I spread my wings to blow away the dirt, he growled as he covered his face. "I've seen that trick already, Dream. Plus, I'm not allowed to fly but my wings are still part of my limbs.", I smiled, closing our distance much to his surprise. My sword tore into his arm as his ax cut into one of my wings. We both pulled away, our blood was quickly absorbed by the ground of the coliseum. "You're pretty good for someone who was only known as a witch.", smirked Dream. My laugh was soft as I folded my wing behind my back, trying to keep it from losing too much blood. "They don't call you "The Hunter" for no reason, huh?", I smiled. Dreams face showed that he was already tired from his fight with Wilbur, this would be an advantage for me unless Sapnap changed places with him.

Once Dream showed no sign of switching places, we rushed at each other once again. A sound that sliced through the air was enough for me to stop my sword. My eyes looked into Dreams before I looked down to see a diamond sword slicing the earth between the Hunter and me. We both panted, my sword was cutting into Dream's neck and his ax was dug at an angle into my collarbone. The fight would have ended with my victory regardless of the interference of the sword. "WHaTs ThiS?! KING GEORGE HAS FORFEITED THE MATCH!", announced Schlatt, his laugh echoed around the arena. A shared look of relief washed over my friends in the tower. My eyes trailed over to see George distraught, his arm was quivering from being outstretched. His eyes were filled with tears yet he spilled none as his eyes were locked onto Dream. Sapnap looked equally as worried as the young King.

What could this mean...

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*