Chapter 1

"Prisoners are ready for transfer. Get the car ready." I instruct a fellow pack mate, wanting to get this done and over with.

"Yes, Beta." he responds before running away from me.

I rub my eyes, trying to get the tiredness to go away. I definitely need another cup of nice strong black coffee to perk me up before the drive. Ever since the fight against the hunters and then all the thing with Romeo and Juliet dying and getting back to life, I just needed a fucking break. Since Romeo was...well out, all of the pack major responsibilities fell on me, while he recovered. Not that I'm complaining. Well...maybe just a little bit, I mean... even though I am more than happy to fill in for Romeo and let him have a moment to rest, I haven't had a moment to rest since this all thing with the hunters started. I can already feel the exhaustion creeping in on me.

I finish signing all the required paperwork and decide to go on a hunt to find that so desired coffee. And I knew just were to get it.

The bell at the door gives my position away when the ring plays as I open the door to small café. It might be a small space but every inch was filled with hand-picked decorations and pictures of the pack, that just made the place feel homey. The smell of baked goods and coffee makes my mouth water as I approach the counter where a tiny ginger was trying to burn holes into my person.

"You look like crap." is the first thing she says to me when I approach the bar.

"It's lovely to see you as well, Cleo." I tell her giving her one of my charming smiles. "And looking as lovely as ever."

"Well, someone in this family has to." she remarks with a sarcastic roll of the eyes. "What can I get you, little bro?"

"Coffee. Black. Strong." I tell her sitting down in one of the bar stools. "And one of your blueberry muffins too, please."

She starts prepping it silently, allowing me the time to properly look at her.

As always, she wore an apron tied at her waist, but not even the apron was enough to hide the baby bump anymore.

"How's my nephew doing?" I ask her smiling cheekily. I still couldn't believe my big sister was mated and pregnant with her first pup.

"He decided to torture mommy, by having her throw up at the slight smell of oranges." she responds with an annoyed voice as she gently caress her baby bump. She places a cup of coffee and the blueberry muffin in front of me.

"Are you sure he's your kid?" I ask cheekily. My sister loves oranges. In fact, I never seen her go a day without either eating an orange or having an orange juice. I want to high five this kid so bad.

"Well I am carrying it." she responds taking the vacant seat next to me. "Here" she says taking a hold of my hand and placing it on her bulging stomach. After a few seconds I could feel it.

"Was that...?"

"He learn how to do that this morning." she says with a happy smile. "He's been kicking up a storm ever since."

"I bet Ben was thrilled." He was always very vocal in his desire to have children. I bet if he had his way, my sister would have a football team coming out of her.

"He made me an hour late to work because he refused to let me out of bed this morning." She says with a huff but I could tell she had enjoyed it.

"Now, I don't need to know what you do in your bed, big sis." I tease her "You wouldn't want to shock your poor virgin brother's ears."

"Virgin, my ass." she answers hitting my arm "You are like the biggest man whore of the pack."

I chuckle at her response. So maybe I like to play around, but it was always consensual, and all the girls knew exactly what they were getting from me.