Chapter 14

Julius's POV

I refuse to ride in another van while on our way to the pack. I stay next to Hayley during the entire ride refusing to leave her alone with unfamiliar people. I knew this was already uncomfortable to her and that she was afraid of what would happen to her, so if my presence, no matter how short, relieved her of some of that fear then I would stay here for as long as I was allowed.

"Fill me in on what's been happening." I ask Casper wanting to be caught up on everything I had missed. Casper looks at Hayley then back at me, as if asking me if it was safe to speak in front of her. I nod.

"Well...we graduated." he says smirking

"Ah...shame we had to miss it. Must have been some wild after parties." I say leaning back in my seat and winking at my mate who was so done with me already. "Have you graduated yet, Hayley?" I ask her curious. I don't know if the hunters follow the same educational course that we do.

"Yes, I have. Last year, actually." she answers casually.

"But aren't you 18?" I ask her confused

"Soon to be 19." she says with a smirk.

"Uh...good to know. When is that by the way? Wouldn't want to miss it."

"It's on the day of none of your business, in the month of fuck off. There's no way you'll miss it." she says sweetly.

"I'll make sure to remember that." I tell her, playing along "I always did find older women hot."

Casper cleans his throat putting the attention back on him.

"If you two are done flirting..."

"We weren't flirting." Hayley immediately interrupts

"We definitely were." I correct her.

"Do you even want to hear what I have to say?" Casper asks exasperated.

"Sorry man, you may proceed." I tell him, doing my best to remain quiet.

"Okay, so...I'm sure you remember but after the first set of explosions, the king's van, where I was, managed to get away and get to the pack without any injuries. But we had lost all communication with the others and we had no way of knowing how many hunters were there, or if there was even someone still left alive. We put together a rescue team in first few hours and we were about to head off when a wolf showed up, claiming that he was one of the survivors. He told us you sent him away to us and that you had a hunter with you. He told us the hunters seemed to be targeting the both of you, is that true?"

"Yes. The hunters focused primarily in eliminating all the prisoners, and taking down as many werewolves in the process as they could, but the prisoners were definitely their main target."

"That's odd, did you manage to find out why?" he asks confused.

"From what I could gather it was because they didn't what them to talk. They didn't want us to know what they knew."

"And what was that?"

"Funny thing actually, I didn't actually stick around to ask them." I tell him sarcastically

"And your friend hasn't told you?"

"Had other things in my mind at the time." I answer him not appreciating his tone. "And my "friend" has a name. It's Hayley, feel free to use it."

"I see..." he says with a frown in his face. "So you didn't find anything? Days in the woods with a hunter and you what, talked about the weather? Or did you get distracted by Hayley's ... other attributes?"