Chapter 11

Julius's POV

Hayley tries to get out the second those men are out of earing range, but I hold her tight not letting her get out of my hold.

"Get off of me!" she whispers-yells.

"No." I deny her, knowing it was only for her own good "I know you're angry and you want answers but now isn't the time to act foolish. There is a team of hunters still searching for us as we speak, we will be found the second we leave this place, and we don't have the support or the tactical gear to defend ourselves."

"I don't care." she replies still fighting my hold, but I could feel her shaking in my arms and it was not from anger.

"Hey, hey..." I say in comfort in her ear as I hold her gently and safely in my arms. "It's okay...just let it out...it's just me. Just let it all out baby."

She eventually stops fidgeting as much, but the shaking doesn't stop. In fact, it only escalates now that she isn't focused on getting out at any cost. I take the chance to turn her around, so she can lay her head on my shoulder. She does so without any argument, which was odd for her, so there was no doubt she was in serious emotional distraught. She cuddles into my body as if seeking my warmth and hides her face in my neck, so I can't see her cry but I can definitely feel the tears falling. I hold her while she cries, run my hand through her hair in a gentle caress, and just be there for her, never saying anything because I know she doesn't want words of comfort. No. She want's blood. Rollins's blood. And possibly her father's too, I still wasn't sure how she felt regarding to him.

It was a while until her tears finally ran dry, by then the sun was starting to make an appearance and the birds were starting to wake up. When Hayley finally decides to speak, her first words are not the ones I was expecting to hear.

"I was the one that call them." she admits, her voice hoarse from all the crying, but nonetheless audible.

"I know." I tell her, having figure it out a while ago.

"It's my fault they are dead." she continues; I don't deny it but I couldn't let her take all the blame.

"You didn't know they were going to kill them." I tell her trying to give her some type of comfort as I continue running my fingers through her hair. It was a very relaxing act even to myself.

"You did."

"I have been the enemy of the hunters ever since I was born. I know them, I know how they think, how they operate." I tell her, trying to get her to see my point "But you, you have been taught their values, you see them as a higher being, capable of doing no harm. They rely on people like you, with your faith in the mission to handle people like me, that way you don't have to put your own personal values to test and question the way of the institution. You were taught that hunters protected human from my people, so you thought they did no harm to them. Today you were faced with the other side of the mirror, the ugly truth, that people like Rollins and your father have retained a secret from you and from so many of your pears."

"Are you not mad I called them?" she asks quietly, her fingers playing loosely with a linen from my shirt.

"I understand why you did it." I tell her honestly, because I really did. "You wanted to go home."

"Yes. Home." she agrees "Although I don't think I have much of a home left for me. No home. No family. Nothing."

"You have me." I tell her.

She scoffs, not believing me. She pushes me away and turns to the other side, turning her back to me.

"I don't have you. Just because we had sex doesn't mean I want love confessions from you. We fucked once and that was it. Just sex." she says, and for that moment I was glad her back was to my front, so that way she wasn't able to see how much her words actually hurt me.