Chapter 27

Hayley's P.O.V.

I start getting a bearing of my surroundings slowly. The first thing I notice is the beeping of a machine. It was a familiar sound. I knew I heard it before, but I couldn't remember where. My mind was...slow. Then came the smell. It smells like disinfectant or hand sanitizer. Strange, but still when I try to move I found that I couldn't. It took too much strength, and I was so tired. Why was I tired?

"You're safe." I hear someone say to me. A hand on my head. I knew that voice. Julius. That voice belongs to Julius. I want to see him. I need to see him. He's here. Julius. What happened? Why do I feel...like this? I find the strength to open my eyes briefly. There he is. A bit blurry, but I know it's him. I can feel it.

"Hey, hey...I'm here." he says coming closer to me. His hand keeps slowly caressing my hair. "You need to rest darling; you still need to heal. I'll be here. I won't leave you. Sleep."

For once I decide to listen to him. Sleep sounded nice. I was so tired...

Next time I came to be I was slightly more aware of my environment and with that awakening came the understanding of the pain I currently felt in my body. Instinctively I try to move. Sit up, do anything except lay in bed vulnerable to others, but hands are quick to push me down and stop my efforts. That's when I realize that someone was talking to me.

"You need to lay still darling." he keeps saying pushing me down.

"Julius?" I call out still feeling a little confused "Where am I?"

"You're in the Hospital darling. Do you remember why?" he asks me taking my hand in his as he sits right beside me.

I think for a few seconds but the answer came to me eventually.

"There was an attack. At the house. I killed them." I tell him

He smiled at me, and he was looking at me with proud? concern? I couldn't tell, my brain was still a little fuzzy. What the fuck did they give me?

"Yes, you did. You did good. I saw the surveillance; you were like a little badass ninja kicking men's ass half your height." he saw with a proud smirk.

"Surveillance?" I ask confused. I didn't see any cameras on the house.

"They are scattered all over the common areas. Undetectable, that's why we didn't see them." he says, knowing exactly what I was thinking. "There are none in the bedrooms. Don't worry, I checked." he says with a sly grin.

Of course he jokes at a time like this, but then again he wouldn't be him if he didn't.

"Can I have some water?" I ask him suddenly realising how dry my throat actually was. I was parched.

"Of course." he says getting up to pass me a cup of water with a straw in it.

"Small sips." he instructs and I do as he instructs. I immediately felt better. The water was fresh and cool on my sore throat.

"How bad was it?" I ask him when he moves the cup of water away.

His expression turns serious and slightly angry at my question.

"Bad. You had a ruptured spleen. They had to take it off completely. The knife nicked a major artery that was causing you to bleed out to quickly. For a moment I thought you weren't going to make it." he says holding tight to my hand.

I hold tight to his hand, trying to give him as much comfort as I could in my state.

"So I no longer have a spleen?" I ask a little worried

"You can live without a spleen." he says calmly "It won't affect your day to day."

"Good." I reply relieved "That's good."