Chapter 31

Surprisingly things happened pretty fast once everyone had a sense of the plan.

Julius still wasn't happy with it, but he knew there was no viable plan and that I would not change my mind so he dived head on in the planning and making sure everything would go as planned.

The plan was simple.

We know my father wants me dead but we also know that he wants to do it himself. Just as he did my brother. Now it was only a matter of drawing him in.

It didn't take us long to set the scene. An empty cabin just outside the pack limits was chosen for the confrontation. Then an all-star make-up team, made me look beat up as if I had just gotten myself beaten repeatedly. The end result was truly terrifying in how authentic it looked. Julius did not like seeing me with that on. But alas it was necessary for the plan to work. I was locked up tight in a metal chair, ready to set the bait and get this over with.

"You doing alright?" Julius asked me as he gives me a sip of water to drink from. He was never far away during his entire process. Always hovering, shadowing me as we conclude everything.

"Perfect." I reassure him "I just want to get this over with"

"Me too." he agrees looking concerned "I don't like exposing you like this."

I had to fight not to roll my eyes at him. He had made his thoughts quite clear during this entire process.

"I know. But it is what's necessary for this to work." I remind him.

"I know it is." he says gently placing a lock of my hair behind my left ear. "Every inch of me is fighting not to pick you up and run far away from here, far from danger, but then I remember you would fight me tooth and nail if I ever did that."

"You know me so well already." I tease him trying to lighten the mood.

He smiles sadly "Not nearly enough." he responds but then he got a determinate look on his face "When this is all over, we are spending an entire day in bed, no interruptions. Just you and me for an entire day."

I feel shivers running up my spine in anticipation.

"And we will spend all day talking?" I ask teasingly feeling immense desire to do just as he described. A day spent just the two of us in bed sounded like heaven to me.

"Some moments." he says with a smug smile leaning down, so our faces were very much near one another. His hands were on the chairs arms, so I didn't have to strain my neck too much to look at him. "I plan on spending many other moments discovering all there is to know about your body...." he whispers kissing my cheek tenderly "...all of your deepest desires..." he continues this time rubbing his nose in mine with a tenderness that I was very much unfamiliar receiving but was starting to enjoy when it came from him "...your hopes and fears." he says our lips just inches apart. His breath mingling with mine. "I want to know everything until there is no other person in the word who knows you like I do. No other who loves you like I do."

"Julius..." he kisses me tenderly, softly but with enough passion for me to feel his love deep in my heart. This man loved me with his entire soul and surprisingly I loved him just as much. Never in a million years would I have thought I would ever feel like this towards another person, but then again no one had ever loved me like he did. Not even my brother.

Our moment was broken by a large shout, breaking us apart.

"Alright everybody! Into positions!" Jordan yells "You ready, hunter?" he asks all serious and moody.

"Ready." I assure him.

"I'll be right next to the camera, sweetcakes." Julius says with a forced teasing smile.