Chapter 19

Warning: I don't know anything about hacking or any kind of digital language. I'll try not to use it too much, but I apologize for any mistake when I do mention it.

Julius's POV

I had to contain myself not to run while on my way to see Hayley. The King had told me about the deal he had made with her, and I volunteered immediately to be a part of the team that was being created to search for the hidden cell. Not that it must have come to a surprise to him. There was no way I am leaving to my pack, while Hayley stays here fighting off the hunters. Where she goes, I go, at least until she kicks me out.

Hayley had to spend a night in her cell, while arrangements were being made for her accommodations, and a team was being assembled. I wasn't allowed to see her yesterday, but they said I could be the one to take her from her cell and into her new home today. I identify myself in security and show them the release orders given to me by the king. He doesn't contest it, although he did frown at the paper. I guess they don't usually have the habit of letting known hunters go free.

I stop by her cell and notice her sleeping in her bed.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" I call out loudly waking her up "It's a beautiful day outside and you look like you haven't seen the sun in a while." I joke smiling brightly

She groans into her pillow and reluctantly gets up, attempting to straighten her bed hair.

"What are you doing here?" she asks concealing a yawn.

"I thought you would be a little happier to see me. Didn't you miss me?" I ask her playing with her. She is adorable when she just wakes up.

"No, can't say I did. The silence was a bliss next to your nonstop chattering." she says with a fake light tone.

"That's okay, darling. I, myself, have missed you profoundly. I have no idea how I went on in my life without your irritated looks and eye roles. They really do make my day; you know?"

"Joy." she says unamused "The reason for your visit?"

"I told you. I'm here to take you out." I tell her happily

"You're serious?" she asks a little hopeful

"Wouldn't dare lie to you about that." I reassure her. I enter the key into the slot, and her door automatically opens. "Ready to join the real world?" I ask her extending my arm in a gentleman's manner.

"Definitely." she says surprising me by taking it.

I take her outside without anyone stopping us. The smile she gives when she feels the warm sun on her skin and smells the clean air around her, is worth every minute I spent awake last night waiting for this exact moment.

"There are however some conditions to your recent freedom." I tell her

"Rules, you mean." she corrects me her smile quickly turning into a frown.

"Whatever you like to call them, darling. But yes, essentially, there are rules that you must follow if you don't want to go back in there."

"What are those rules?"

"Number 1: You must be guarded at all times no matter where you go." I answer her "Don't worry about that one, I already volunteered for the job."

"Wonderful." she replies in a dry tone.

"Number 2: You are not allowed to attempt any sort of communication to anyone outside this pack. If any communications need to be made, you will need to go through the King for permission."

"And the other?" she asks serious

"If you fail to comply with the agreement stipulated by the king, then he will be in his full authority to not go through his end of the bargain, and keep you in his cells until the rest of your life." I finish.