Chapter 6

Julius's P.O.V.

"Oh yeah!? And why is that, uh? What makes humans so much better than werewolves? Better yet, what makes hunters so much better than werewolves?" I ask fucking annoyed and frustrated at her naivety.

She scuffs as if I just said something funny, but refused to answer me.

"No seriously, tell me. How are you "better"?" I push wanting to hear what she has to say. It's time we solve this once and for all.

"Fine, if you want to know, I'll gladly tell you." she says smirking as if this was a big victory for her, so convince that she is right. "Humans are better simply because of that. They are humans, they have control over themselves and don't turn into beasts who kill those who can't protect themselves. And it's the Hunters mission, MY mission, to eradicate the world of all your kind and protect the human race. We are the shield against your kind. We protect them from being devoured, kidnapped or raped by those who are controlled by the moon." she explains passionate.

I laugh.

Clearly she wasn't expecting that.

"I'm...I'm sorry..." I say trying to control my laughter "It's just...so...much...BULLSHIT." I tell her incredulous "So what you are telling me is that humans are better than werewolves because werewolves kill and humans don't?" I ask her wanting to see if I had caught that right.

"Werewolves kill people" She says

"So do humans." I counteract "You have prisons full of humans all over the world. Humans who killed, raped, stole...the worse of the worst, and guess what goldilocks, none of them are werewolves and yet you say they are better."

"That's different." She snaps back

"It really isn't darling." I assure her "And then let's talk about how the hunters are better..."

"Oh pleas-"

"Shut up! Now it's your time to listen!" I snap at her interrupting her. "Now I'm not saying my kind are fucking saints, because guess what, they aren't. They are human. I'm human! We bleed just the same, we eat, shit and fuck just the same as a regular human, so what if we have a few extra strengths? To every strength we have, we also have a weakness that they don't have. And you want to talk about us being murderers? Why don't we talk about you first? Because I wasn't the one who came into your home and killed a sixteen-year-old girl as she was walking home after school. I wasn't the one who kidnapped kids and tortured them for how they were born! So don't say to me that we are the monsters because the only time we ever attack anyone is when someone threatens our pack! So tell me what differences you from us?"

I finish my speech breathing hard. How fucking dare, she say that we are monsters?

"You're lying." She says with a hard look. "I have enough to prove my point just from what happened earlier. A werewolf attacked a human, me, just because I was there, I was food, prey. I could see it in his eyes that that beast wanted to kill me." She argues

"Well darling, as it happens for someone who claims to know so much about our race, you don't know shit." I tell her somewhat amused at her ignorance.

"I know how to kill you, that's enough for me." She says

"Ignorance will only get you killed." I warn her "Tell me, what do you know of our kind? Besides how to kill us, of course."

"Why do you want to know?" She asks stubbornly

"Humour me"

And surprisingly, she did.

"I know you have a hierarchy. The Alpha is the one you take orders from, and I know that there are several packs, all with their own alpha. They don't take orders from anyone but the Alpha King who resides in the Royal Pack - totally not original by the way." She adds with an eye role.