Chapter 30

Hayley's POV

"Give me a name, Arthur." Julius insists "What's his name?"

Arthur leans forward and then says the words.

"Harry Morgan."

"Shit." I curse

The King immediately jumps into action. He makes his way to the door.

"MAXIMUS, STOP HIM!" I yell cursing my weak body. "YOUR MAJESTY!" I yell but he doesn't listen to me "YOUR MAJESTY!"

Maximus blocks his way out but he won't be able to stop him for long.

"JUST LISTEN TO ME! You can't go after Morgan! I know you want to make him pay, but you need to be smart about this!" nothing that I was saying seemed to be going through.

"DAMN IT! SHE'S STILL ALIVE!" I yell causing him to turn to me. I realize that he was currently like a trapped lion, and that any mistake or wrong movement from me would most likely end it up with me back in hospital sooner than I wanted. But he seemed to be paying attention to me.

"Explain." he growls

"In the pen drive that I brought, there were files. In them they talk about a failed order of capture, of a young woman, a child, from this pack. She escaped along with a woman. They described her by being 5"4, brunette. That description matches one of Amelia Dubois. She protected the Ricci family. And the only two bodies never found..."

"Were of Amelia and Tatiana." the King concludes "But why run? Why didn't they ever return?"

"I don't know." I tell him honestly "Maybe they're dead; maybe they thought they wouldn't be safe if they did. I mean...they wouldn't exactly be wrong. We could come up with million other explanations. That's why you can't go after Morgan. If Tatiana is alive and hiding, you can't let the people who were after her know that she is alive."

"I would protect her!" he insists

"This is you protecting her!" I scold him "You need evidence to support your claim that Harry Morgan is a traitor. We need to know, is he involved with anyone else? Who else is he working with? How is he contacting the hunters?"

I calm down now that he doesn't look ready to rip my head off.

"We need time. Find the rats, kill them and then bring her home. You waited this long, what's a few more months?"

He remains silent as he contemplates his answer, but he is quick to come to an understanding.

"This morning I thought I had none. If a few more months is the time I have to suffer to find her then it's one I will gladly pay." he says, a vulnerable look in his eyes. "But in the mean time I will have one of my most trusted men start searching for her."

"I would except nothing else." I answer honestly. Because really, I didn't expect anything else coming from this particular Alpha male, who from what I have been told has been devoted to this particular girl since he was a boy. Even in her death.

*TIME JUMP*

It took some time and a lot of trial and error but we finally got it.

Arthur Franco told us of how the hunters use the Bistro to pass along messages and from there we managed to confirm two of our suspicions of possible hunters. Then, when we apprehended Miller Hale, on the confirmation of Arthur Franco that he was indeed working for the hunters, he leads us to a kindergarten teacher who used her position to monitor the children of the pack and as I had guessed take them as hostage if necessary.

She proved to be an asset when she turned against the hunters and agreed to work as a spy for us, which led us to Kate Sharpe. A werewolf that was born latent. Her wolf never showed up, making her a werewolf without a wolf. She had all the senses without the transformation. This affliction led her to being bullied and an outcast from the pack. She worked as a florist. An easy manipulable target for the hunters to take advantage of.