Chapter 16

Hayley's POV

I'm taken to some kind of security base. A fancy way of saying, I was put in a cell and locked away like a criminal, which I guess to these people I kind of was that to them. I guess it could be worse, I could be dead, which I wasn't discarding just yet, or tortured, still haven't ruled that out, but instead I was left alone, just me and my thoughts, no one else. Perhaps that was a torture on its own.

At least I had a bed, of sorts. It's stiff and very uncomfortable, but then again, they are not built for comfort are they? Still beats the forest floor, I guess. Although Julius did make it somewhat bearable...He had his uses occasionally. Ugrh... Julius, I don't even know what to think about him. I've been keeping what happened between us way in the back of my mind, not wanting to even think about it, too scared perhaps of what I would find. I still can't believe I slept with him. I mean...I don't really...do that. I mean, I slept with some guys before, but I usually don't jump right in to bed with them. With Julius, it's like all rational thoughts flew straight out of my mind, and all that was left was this insatiable need of him. Which in the privacy of my mind I'll admit was mind blowing and the bastard as a right to be bloody smug about it, which I hate and kind of want to repeat, which makes me feel even worse.

"Ughrrrrr!!" I yell into my pillow. God, I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. And I fucking hate how I don't even hate him at all! Which is really confusing and not helping my sanity in any way.

All my life, everything that I thought I knew, everything I believed, was just turned upside down. They've been lying to me all along, and my brother...how could he do that? How can a father kill his own son? My own mother is dead because of him. She killed herself with pills on the grief of losing her only son. The son, my father had shot at point blanc. No hesitation, no remorse, nothing. And now he wanted to do the same to me. I guess it's true when they say that certain people should never have kids. General Commander Harrold Johnson didn't have a fatherly bone in his body. You kind of find yourself thinking why the hell he even had kids in the first place.

I can't get it out of my head. That final moment between my brother and the General. The sight of Ollie's body falling back, lifeless. A tear falls down from my eye. If only I knew that the last time I say him would be the last. I still remember it so clearly in my head. It was all I thought about sometimes when I was first told of his death. I was at home, 15 at the time, still too young to go on missions but working hard to prove myself to my father, to make him proud.

"Hey Hayls." Ollie says as he walks into my room, silently closing the door behind me. I smile and turn my attention away from the text books. "Working hard, I see."

"Got a test next week I have to study for." I tell him. I watch him take a seat on the bed, a soft smile on his face.

"And how's that going for you?" he asks me softly. "Need any help? I have some spare time, if you want."

"No, it's okay. I got this." I tell him stubborn. I wanted to do this on my own, maybe then father would see how hard I worked. "But thanks, it was nice of you to offer."

"You know I'm always here for you. You're my baby sis!" he says smiling. He takes my hands in his and pulls my chair closer to where he was, so that we could be sitting face to face. "Here I have something for you."

"What is it?" I ask him happy and surprised. Ollie was the only one in our family that bothered to give me gifts anymore. According to my father I was already too old for that and mother just follows everything that father says, not that she cares much anyway. Ollie was the only one who refused to listen to dad and still gives me gifts every time he comes home from a long mission. "Is it from one of your missions?"