Chapter 23

Warning: This chapter contains strong language and mature scenes.

It's been a week since we started actively hunting down the secret cell we believe resides within the Royal Pack.

Unfortunately, we didn't make any major breakthroughs yet and things were going slower than we would like them to be. It was like I said before, these hunters have been hiding here their whole life's, they know how to blend in and don't attract the wrong kind of attention to themselves. Not to mention that there were surprisingly a large number of humans in the pack. More than I could have guessed initially.

The team was getting a little frustrated at the lack of fast results but it was already suspected that it wouldn't be that easy. But then Julius gets a call from his Alpha, Romeo Montague.

"'Sup boss? Missing me already?" he jokes as he answers the phone.

Now, I'm not a werewolf so I can't hear what was being said on the other end of the line, but what I am is a very good at reading body language and his just became very tense and angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask him but he ignores me.

"How could that be possible? We have security meas... yes, yes, I'm aware." Julius says, but then his face becomes extremely pale.

Something that was being said caught the attention of the rest of the team because they all had faces of disbelief.

"What? What happened?" I ask them agitated not liking how I was the only one unaware of what was happening.

"Mon Dieu..." Mandy says slumping back against her chair "I cannot believe it..."

"THOSE FUCKERS!" Jordan yells angry throwing his chair to the other side of the room.

"Okay someone here needs to tell me what the fuck is happening!" I yell extremely annoyed and frustrated by the lack of sharing.

"AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW ALREADY!" Jordan "the jackass" yells back at me "You and your fucking ki-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Julius yells startling all of us.

He looked extremely angry, and he was breathing deeply as if it was taking him extremely self-control not to wolf out on us.

"As most of you are now aware, my pack has recently been the target of a coordinated attack between rogues...and hunters." he explains with frightening calm.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask surprised. Hunters working with werewolves? How could this...I never...What the fuck? Had the world suddenly turned upside down? "The rogues were working with the hunters? Are you sure?"

"Yes. I am very much sure of this." Julius responds serious.

"That...that...changes everything" I chuckle in disbelief. God...never in my life would I have seen this coming.

"Of course it changes everything!" Jordan exclaims angrily "Wolves working with the fucking enemy! That's not supposed to happen"

"Exactly. So who's to say they haven't already done it before?" I ask rhetorically, then an idea comes to mind. I turn to Chris and Mandy "I want you to look for any rogue that came into the pack this last three decades, be it by mating or independently."

"You can't be serious about this." Jordan says undignified "Mates don't betray mates."

"Perhaps if you were taught by werewolf culture but if you grew up with the hunters, then you are willing to do anything to benefit the cause. Seduce a werewolf into falling in love with you? Easily done. Maybe it doesn't even have to be love, maybe it was a one night stand with the purpose of getting pregnant so that you would be welcomed into the pack. There is nothing that a hunter won't do to win." I warn them