Chapter 9

Hayley's POV

I excuse myself from dinner as soon as I am able.

I needed some time to myself after everything that happened during dinner. Oh that kiss...that kiss should not have happened, at all. And I definitely should not want to do it again. What the hell is happening to me? Is it my injurie? Do I have an infection? As it already started messing with my mind? Julius is a werewolf. My natural enemy. I should be thinking about a way to kill him, not kiss him.

I pace around the room running my hand through my hair, and then I spot the phone. The phone! How could I have forgotten the phone? I run to the bedside table and insert a number I know by heart for many years. It rings for a few moments before someone finally answered.

"This is General Johnson speaking."

"Dad!" I say back quietly, not knowing if Julius would be able to hear us. "It's me, Hayley. I need your help; I know you have a strike team in the woods but you need to trust me when I say I didn't tell them anything! You need to call them back on the kill order!"

"Hayley, where are you?" he asks coldly. As ever bit the General, never the father.

"I... I don't know. I'm in the house of a couple of pastors. It's a three-day walk near the location where the hunters team were last when they saw me. It should be easy enough to find." I tell him

"Is the werewolf still with you?" he asks

"I... yes, he's still here. He is trying to get me back to the royal pack so I can be interrogated. Dad you have to help me." I plead

"Hunters will be there soon." he tells me

"You will tell them not to kill me, right? Dad?" I ask when he doesn't respond "Dad?"

"Of course I will." he says in the same tone of voice "You did a good job calling."

I wanted to say more but I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I ran out of time.

"I have to go. I'll see you soon dad." I tell him and then I hang up and move away from the phone, pretending I was looking for a flannel shirt to wear. My heart beating fast.

"Hey" Julius says coming into the room "You alright?"

"Yeah, just trying to find something to wear to sleep." I lie easily

"Annie can give you something if you ask." he suggests

"No offence, but I don't think she will have something that will fit me, or isn't ridiculous long and makes me look like an old lady." I argue

He smirks.

"Yeah, you're probably right." he agrees "What about a flannel shirt? You're tiny enough, should fit you just right enough to be comfortable to sleep in."

"That might work." I consent "Think Walter would mind?"

"If he does, you can always use the one I'm wearing." he offers cheekily.

"Keep your clothes on, mutt." I scold him

"So harsh...don't tell me I make you flustered without a shirt." he asks getting closer to me

"More like repulsed." I resort "There is not even anything interesting to see."

He leans in with a feral smile on his lips.

"Lies." he flicks his eyes to my lips and the moment of our kiss rushes to the front of my mind, a moment I push back as fast as it came "But keep your lies if you want, you only ever fool yourself."

"Is there anything you want?" I ask flustered and annoyed with his presence.

"Many things actually." he says "But for now I just need you to follow me."