Chapter 18

Julius's POV

After receiving word back from the King and what his course of action would imply, I finally take a moment to take in a deep breath and relax even if just momentarily. The problem was I couldn't relax, not yet at least, and this time it had nothing to do with Hayley.

I enter my temporarily chambers and lay on the bed, just takin in the softness of the mattress on my back while the phone rang in my ear.

"This is Alpha Montague speaking, who are you and how did you get my private number?" are the first words that Romeo speaks as he answers the phone.

"What, no hello? Is this really how you greet your best friend after he is missing for a week?" I ask him teasing him.

"Fucking hell Julius. I should fucking kill you for what you did!"

"I can feel the love man"

"No news, no calls, last I hear you were running with a hunter prisoner while being chased in the woods. You had me fucking worried!"

"Watch your mouth Romeo, what would your precious Juliet say if she heard the things coming out of your mouth?"

"She would say you bloody deserved it!" I hear Juliet yelling on the other side.

"Ah...did I interrupt any shenanigans between you? Because I can call again later. Wouldn't want to get in the way of a good time." I tease them chuckling in good humour.

"He's your bloody friend." I hear Juliet say to Romeo exasperated with me. I seem to cause that effect in a lot of women, I think remembering how flustered Hayley gets.

"Just kidding man, you know how I am. How are things in the pack? Any trouble?" I ask him wanting to know what was going around my pack.

"It's all good for now, but no offense man, I want to hear about you." he says "How you doing? What happened out there?"

"I'll get to that in a minute, tell me this one thing, you didn't tell Cleo I was missing, did you?" Because she would freak.

"You didn't give me much of a choice man. When you didn't call her after five days, she started to worry and you know how she gets when she's all momma wolf."

"She takes no bullshit from anyone." I answer with a found smile. "Okay, I'll call her after this."

"You better. She's putting salt in all the cakes I eat!" he complains. I hear Juliet laugh next to him, clearly amused with the situation.

I laugh amused, oh that is so like her to do that. I definitely need to prepare a big ass apology for when I call her.

"Enough of that. Tell me what I want to know." he says clearly not amused with his misfortune.

"Alright, alright. So here's what happened..." I tell him everything that happened between us leaving our pack and us being rescued from the bunker.

"Shit." he says taking in everything I had told him

"Shit indeed, and that's not even the best part." I warn him, preparing to drop the major bomb.

"What could be worse than having a secret cell of hunters living in the royal pack, under our noses, for decades?" he asks

"How about a mate?"

The other side stays silent. I count to three in my head, and just as I get to one...

"YOU FOUND YOUR MATE!?" They both yell at the first time. Wow, I guess I must have really shocked them.

"Yup, and you're never going to guess who it is."