Chapter 24

Julius P.O.V.

"You're never going to believe what we found!" Mandy perplexed "I mean...this wasn't even on our radar but... this just explains everything!" she says giddy as she types away on the computer.

"What is it? What did you find?" I ask curious about what was making her so agitated.

"Okay. So, you know how you asked me to look into every rogue or human that came into the pack in the last three decades?" At our nod she continues "So I got like a bunch of hits but then our history buff, Chris here, she remembered an attacked that happened 15 years ago right here on this pack. So with that information I went back to the list of suspects and narrow it down to those that worked in the palace or work in the pack security."

Two photos came up on the screen. One belonged to an older woman, in her fifties maybe, the other was of a young man, mid-twenties perhaps, he was wearing a pack guard uniform in the photo.

"These are Belinda May and Miller Hale." Maddy explains

"What's their story?" I ask her wanting to make sure we were on the right track.

"Belinda May, 53 years old, human. She came into the pack when she was 21 years old. And guess what? She was admitted into the pack because she was pregnant by one of our residents."

"That is still not enough to be incriminating." I tell her. We had to be sure before we start poking at viper's nest.

"Yeah but that it where it gets interesting." Dave intercepts "So I did some digging, talked to some of my people and found out that Belinda May was transferred from the Mercant's pack before coming here. Apparently some of our pack was there for a meeting and she shacked up with one of the guys during their stay there."

"Still there is nothing wrong with that." I tell him with a frown

"Except when you take a look at who the father was."

Another photo comes up on screen, right next to an obituary.

"Meet Ashen Stormfield."

"He's..."

"Old? Yeah that surprised us too." Mandy says with a chuckle "Yeah I mean I know everybody has their kinks but this seemed a little farfetched even for us. I mean the guy was in his late fifties and what he was still getting it on with girls barely out of legal age?"

"Okay, I admit it his suspicious but it still isn't a smoking gun."

"AH! But then take a look at this!" she pulls up a medical report.

"What am I looking at?" I ask confused

"This is a medical report of 27-year-old Ashen Stormfield. He was severely injured by a rogue attacked and well...basically it says his baby making machine was severely damaged and after several surgeries he gain full functionality except it would be near impossible for him to have children."

"And somehow he still got a girl pregnant after a one-night stand?" I ask very suspicious "Do we know if the child is really his?"

"They did DNA tests at the time." Madeleine informs us "He's the father alright."

"Okay...so we have a 21 years' old who sleeps with a 53-year-old who has a condition that makes it nearly impossible to get someone pregnant and somehow she gets knocked up and transferred into our pack."

"And that's not all there is to the story." Maddy interjects "Check out where she works."

"She works at the palace."

"That gives her opportunity." Hayley speaks for the first time. "She's a cleaning lady, right? That's the perfect cover to get into places without anyone finding it odd and spy for the organization. And as for the pregnancy thing, well...there were rumours at the time I was in the academy that the scientists had a way to increase a girl's chances of getting pregnant. That might have been the case here."