Prologue

There is a universal truth that hunters and werewolves have hated each other since the beginning of time. For centuries they have hunted and prosecuted each other, each committed to drive the other to extinction.

But how did it begin? How have this two species came to hate each other so much, that for centuries their hate only seemed to grow instead of diminish?

The answer, surprisingly, although for long it has been forgotten, began like all other great tragedies in the world...for the love of a woman.

Story has it that there once was a village where humans lived. Their life's were as mundane as they could be. Until one day they found an unconscious man in the woods. He was injured, so they took him to their village, so their healer could treat him.

The healer treated his wounds, and laid the man to rest in his home, as he waited for him to wake up. His daughter, who had recently became engaged to the chief's son - an arranged marriage - sat down by his side and tended to his wounds as her father went to check on the village's sick.

When the man finally woke and he gazed upon the maiden who so tenderly cared for his wounds, he felt an immediate connection with her. He recognized her has his gift from the Goddess, his mate. So for days he courted the woman. Even after she told him she was already promised to another, he refused to let her go, and eventually she let herself give in to him. For she, who was stuck in an engagement she did not want, had found herself falling in love with him in the short time they had met.

She gave him her heart and in a forbidden night, her body.

But she was scared. Her fiancé was a dangerous man, for years he proclaimed his wish to have her for himself, and she knew he would never let her go and be with another man. When she told her concerns to her lover, he confided in her his true nature. That he was a man blessed by the moon, to turn into a beast at will. Nobody would be able to hurt him.

But what he failed to think was that they might not be able to hurt him, but that doesn't mean others could not be hurt instead.

One night, as the lovers met in secret and loved each other in the privacy of the forest, so consumed with each other, they did not notice they had been followed, and that a man saw their meeting with hatred eyes. He saw as the woman laid naked in forest, her head thrown back in pleasure, her back arched, as she let the man rut between her legs. Her cries of pleasure being transported by the quiet of the forest. He saw as the man, in his throws of passion, opens his mouth, and illuminated by the moon he could see his teeth enlarge and his eyes brighten in colour, like a beast. He sees him biting her in her collarbone, and instead of the expected screams of pain, only the intensified screams of pleasure were heard.

Not believing what he was seeing, he ran back to the village and he woke his father, the chief. He swore there and now that, that beast would pay for taking his woman from him.

The chief rounds up all the man and led them to the woods, so they could hunt down the beast that could turn into a man. The beast who had taken one of their women and had forced himself on her, or so his son had told him.

They found him, where his son had said they were, sleeping with a blanket covering their naked bodies. Even from their distance they could see the mark, the beast had left on the woman's collarbone, still raw and prominent on her skin.

As silently as they could two man grabbed the woman, but they startled her two much, because she woke the beast, and when he saw other men grabbing tightly to his mate, he let his instincts take over, and he changed into his wolf, attacking the man surrounding him, endangering his mate.

Screams were transported into the night; as one by one the men fall down. One dead after another, nobody able to stop the violent beast.

The woman screamed as she was being pushed away from her lover, only intensifying the rage of the beast. She was pushed into the arms of her fiancé, and he took the change to hold her tight and tell her that she would regret whoring herself with that beast. He aimed his gun to the beast, as he went through the men, and he fired.

She screamed as her lover went down, surprised by the sudden pain. As he prepared to shoot again, the woman frees herself from his hold and jumps in front of him taking the shot herself. She was dead before she hit the ground.

And we could say the story ended there, that with her dead, the wolf left and never returned, and that the chief's son grieved for a while but eventually found another maiden to wed, forgetting all about the events on the wood and the beast that roomed in there.

But unfortunately fate would not have it so.

Nobody knows exactly how the chief's son survived that day, he told the story to the villagers, how the beast came and took the healers daughter, how he forced himself on her and killed her when he was done. How the men had courageously fought the beast, most losing their life's, all to make their village safe. Now with his father dead, he became the chief, and to protect their village he and a selected group of men started training and hunting the beasts, never allowing them to hurt any of them again.

And a centuries war began.

To this day, hunters and werewolves remain enemies.

All for the love of a woman.

Vote. Comment. Share.

This story is about to begin, so buckle up because it's going to be a wild of a ride!